• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotitsowhat

Oregano oil rubbed on spine at night?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone tried this. I have started doing it. My spine feels hot and sort of feverish although it doesn't burn. Is this supposed to work? Any experience with this?

Hi BrainyBlonde,

I read in one post about mother and daughter's experience with oil of oregano. They both suppressed virus completely, even their Doc couldn't believe it. I also read some articles about oils - they stop virus from multiplying and even put it dormant. They recommend not to leave blisters dry but put some vaseline or baby oil on them.

I started two days ago oil of oregano. Every evening rub it in my back, also put straight on blisters - my second outbreak is gone in two days. No leg pain, just smell and fire on blisters, but they are gone now.

I don't know if this is coincidence,:rolleyes: but looks like people who tried this kind of therapy are right.

i love the feel of oil of oregano rubbed on my lower back. It is warm and soothing. I did take 4 drops a day for a few days, but I keep forgetting that I have the stuff. I have heard mostly positive comments regarding oil of oregano.

I just recently bought oil of oregano to treat an outbreak. I swallowed some (which is disgusting by the way) and I put it on my sore (which burned like fire! and caused my panties to stink even after I washed them). After two days, I didn't feel like it was helping so I stopped using it. Perhaps I will try it out on my spine though since I now have a bottle of it.

Asmuch as I love oregano, it is tough to swallow the oil! It is strong and burns! Give it a few days, since like you said, you did purchase it. Rub it on your lower back at night when you go to bed. It is soothing.

Me too

I bieng using oil of oregano too and my leg pain is gone and fever blisters are gone too:cool: in just one or two days or don't come out and say Hi...:-D