Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do sores always hurt?

1 post in this topic

I was diagnosed with genital herpes in July. My first outbreak was quit painful and lasted several weeks (my GP didn't believe it was an STD). Since then, I've had two mild outbreaks that were accompanied by mild fatigue and a few red bumps. They were gone in a week. I've been coping pretty well, and haven't allowed this to beat me down. I take lysine everyday, but I drink coffee so I haven't adjusted my diet completely.

This past week I developed a nasty sore on my thumb that I believe to be herpes whitlow. This sore actually looks worse than my first genital outbreak. Since the sore appeared, I've been very careful not to touch my face. I can cope with having genital herpes, but I think having an oral outbreak would send me over the edge. So my question is, today I noticed a small white bump just above my upper lip. I must have popped it while washing my face and now it's just a red mark. It doesn't hurt at all so I am wondering if it was just a pimple. Could someone who has experience with cold sores tell me if they always hurt?

Thank you. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Latest Buzz

• Oral Sex, again!
      You both have immunity against the virus, so it's highly unlikely that you'll get outbreaks as a result of being intimate with one another. If there are no sores present, you're good to go.
    • Hello hi, I'm new! Also, I'm meeting someone tomorrow and I don't know how to tell him....
      Okay, so he's driving over for 6 hours and it's not for sex... so there's no rush to tell him, right? Do you know anything about his sexual health and history? Maybe that's something that both of you can discuss when the circumstances are such that something intimate is likely going to happen. Maybe you might want to learn more about him first? Such as his views on STIs, not just limited to but definitely including  HSV. What is his status and what is his attitude towards it? My advice: take a step back mentally, take a deep breath... you've met this guy on a dating website and chatted with him on Skype... for a month. It sounds to me like you desperately want to love somebody (right now you're infatuated with him because so far all his bells and whistles are catching your attention), but be cautious because you don't know him as well as you think you do. Take your time - make sure he's really right mentally.
    • Hello hi, I'm new! Also, I'm meeting someone tomorrow and I don't know how to tell him....
      Hey NMG, welcome honey. Here is a link by a wonderful male Moderator who has given the talk many of times and has never been turned down, he is also in Chat alot so you could possibility chat with him for advice. Its all in how you tell him not so much as important as what you say but how you say it. Let us know how it goes. Hugs Aces xo   Please read this link :
    • 1.41Elisa, Indeterminate Western Blot, anyone similar experience?
      I'd suggest little to lose. If the test is negative, provided it is the IgG test, then you will be negative and not have need for further testing with WB.
    • 1.41Elisa, Indeterminate Western Blot, anyone similar experience?
      Quick question, I'm requesting STD testing at my doctor's office. He wants me to get their in-house herpes 1&2 tests. I'm planning on getting another Western Blot because we never resolved the paired test I requested last February that they mistakenly sent in as unpaired. Should I not bother with the in-house test? I don't see the point in getting a test where false positives are so common.