• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greatday

Panic attacks and outbreaks

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have had panic attacks for years and they come and go. I have not had any since I was diagnosed with herpes 3 years ago, but about 2 months ago, I had an outbreak that caused neuropathy, which started a panic attack because I thought it was something much worse. The panic hasn't stopped (everyday I have at least 1 episode) and I am having outbreaks one after the other. Like it will clear up and then about 5 days later start again. And I can't stop panicking.

My question is, do any of you who have panic attacks find that it makes you have outbreaks? Is it doing the same thing to the body that stress does?

Thanks!

I'm having the same trouble, 3 OB this month never happens before, and i'm panic too, very stress.. I have herpes for more than 5 years now... But this time is really annoying:mad:

I am not sure what kind it is, but I have burning pain in my pelvic region when I have an outbreak. When it first happened I thought I was having a bladder infection, then it got so bad I thought I had pelvic inflammatory disease or something, but it is just the nerve pain.

I get this odd pressure in my pelvis...is your similar? Not really burning just pressure. I've often wondered if mine is nerve pain too.

Sometimes it is a pressure feeling with no burning (when I take valtrex and don't let it get too far). It drives me crazy because I stay focused on it and think its probably something worse, even though I've had the pain before.

and, does the pelvic pain just come with outbreaks? or, is it there all the time?

It only hurts during outbreaks, but even when the outbreak is over, the pain will linger for a few days.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes-simplex-101-banner.jpg

• Honeycombers Online now

• oneday
    • LadyInPink
    • HC-Support-Team
    • Kate
    • SaminTO
    • Shhhh
    • Jsd20159
    • HopefulOne2013
    • WilsoInAus
    • pinkjade1018
    • KJS
    • Acesheart
    • Hope4Hfix
    • jennifertigress
    • n00b1
    • Mellisuga
    • Randomgirl*
    • Free73
    • JBnATL
  • how-to-deal-with-herpes.jpg

• Latest Buzz

• Acesheart
      Life is truly a mess
      Hey HH, welcome. Sorry for the late response, having troubles getting to where I want to respond on the site. Have you and she sat down and really communicated your issues? I'm married to a non h man, I've had Ghsv 2 for over 28 years and never passed to my husband. No relationship can survive without communication, love and respect of each other. If you feel she has checked out ask yourself what changed in the relationship? Has she possibly fallen out of love but she still loves you? HUGE differences in loving someone and being in love with someone. I always LOVE my husband, sometimes I don't like his choices for our family, but I'm just as in love with him as I was when first got married. Things change, people change, all necessary for growth and progress as human beings. Change isn't always great, but very necessary. Do you still feel the same about her? Has your feeling for her changed, remember we teach others how we expect to be treated. Do you two still respect one another? These issues you two are having cannot possibly be over herpes, I'd bet your relationship was struggling before. Talk to her. Show her the heart of the man she fell in love with, if it's what you truly feel. Men and women show emotions differently and the lack of emotions shown could be taken as "he or she doesn't care anymore", it's a horrible feeling and can leave a nasty void in the heart, so again I say talk to her, over dinner or wine or late night picnic on the living room floor with an air mattress, we've done that many times and it's led to greater understanding and beautiful make up sexy times, show her how you feel.. No shame in going the extra mile no matter how corny it seems, it shows she excites you and still brings out the manly man in you, we women like to feel we can still do that, bring out animal lust, trust me it works. Truly Aces xo 
    • Jsd20159
      Asymptomatic or no outbreaks
      I haven't been retested.  Considering it though.  My numbers were low and was about 6 weeks after exposed, I think
    • Free73
      when to disclose
      It sounds like you suffer from depression? The issue with depression is that you become the centre of your own universe and slowly over time, your universe closes in around you and you become trapped. Perhaps you should consider some counselling to ascertain where this poor self image comes from and why and work on becoming happier within yourself
    • WilsoInAus
      Herpeselect Results
      Maybe it was more a biopsy, examined under microscope? In which case it could have been Zoster. Where on your thigh again? Either way you do not have genital HSV-2.
    • HerpeHendrixson
      Herpeselect Results
      Thank you for confirming.  It's been like that for the last six years.  The first result, which was supposed to be a swab from my thigh, was supposedly positive (doc never gave me the results, only told me over the phone.  Requested it many times, but refused each time.).  Thus, every year since I've been switching off with Herpselect and Western Blot.  Always negative, but that swab always bothered me.