• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anonymous

My Test Results???

3 posts in this topic

Here are the results from all the herpes tests that I have taken. I am so confused at the conflicting information/results of these tests. Please take a look and share your thoughts.......

Week 11 (Doctor #1):

Pockit test = negative

IgG type-specific Elisa (negative<0.9, positive>1.1)

HSV1= 0.54

HSV2= 4.14

Week 13 (Doctor #2):

Pockit test = negative

Week 15 (Doctor #3):

IgG type-specific Elisa (negative<.89, positive>.89)

HSV1= 0.20

HSV2= 3.44

Week 16 (Doctor #4):

pockit test = negative

Week 17 (Doctor #5):

WESTERN BLOT

HSV1 = negative

HSV2 = negative

If I was confused before, I am even moreso today. Please help me make sense of these results..

These are all diff doctors testing you?? What made you do that , needed more opinions??

I wish I could help. Have the doctors offered any explanation?

symptoms?

what symptoms have you experienced? after having an itchy rash for the second time, i had the blood work done, and received an answer of equivocal, and the doctor said i could assume i was not infected. they seem to have no clue. my symptoms: two occasions ("outbreaks"?), spaced apart by 18 months, with lots of itching and inflammation, but no sores or discharge. total insanity.