• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teecee

anybody having facial pains from herpes

2 posts in this topic

Im new to the forum. I was told I have some kind of herpes. I been having extreme pain on one side of my face. I started to take medicine for 10 days and pain, burning would go away. this is been happening for at least 3 to 4 years now. At one point they thought it was some type of TMJ but have been seeing a chiropacter, he thinks it's the herpes virus.

Recently the pain is not going away and the doctor placed me on veltrax everyday. When i'm on medicine, the pain is almost at 5-10 percent from 100 W/O medicine.

I do not have visible sores on mouth area but inside my inner thighs, I do see reddish marks that are very itchy, but the medicine makes it less itchy and goes away.

My question: is anybody out there having similiar reactions.. sometimes I don't think it's herpes but I'm really confused.

It's not the end of world and I feel good on medicine.

Hello :wavey: Like you I'm new to this forum... I don't have GH but get cold-sore outbreaks on my face and chest on the right side of my body. I suffer a great deal of pain from them even when they're not there or I have an outbreak. Doctor seems to think it's neuralgia. sometimes the pain is so bad I have to take Amitriptiline sedatives and the glands on the back of my head all swell up...

the doctor told me that the neuralgia is something completely different and not linked to cold-sores, however, I now think differently as I never had a problem until I was diagnosed with cold-sores and the pain only comes on one side of my face and head where I get the outbreaks!!

So yep I know how you feel an the pain is horrible too.. Sedatives should help whilst the outbreak is really bad but strong pain killers will do the trick too xx