• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
podofwhales

New here...vegan and insurance issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, this looks like a great, supportive and informative site. I was diagnosed with genital herpes last November. It was very painful, physically and emotionally.

Recently I switched jobs and lost my health insurance. I now pay for my own insurance. They attached a rider stipulating that they would not pay for anything related to the herpes. I'm assuming this includes drugs? After doing some research online I guess this seems to be normal practice, but it just adds insult to injury.

Also, I was reading on this site about lysine and arginine. I'm vegan, and I eat a LOT of brown rice, tofu and peanut butter. In fact, I was feeling depressed about the insurance situation last night, so I made myself some vegan rice crispy treats containing brown rice cereal, peanut butter and chocolate! So reading this today was so depressing. I guess I'll try to cut back on some of these foods, but my diet is restricted as it is, so...yeah. If any other vegans/vegetarians have advice, that would be great.

You may find that eating some of these things do not affect you at all. I eat a low fat, lower sugar diet and little meat. But I don't give a second thought to eating what I want as nothing seems to cause outbreaks.

Oh good...that's encouraging to hear. I don't want to starve!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes-simplex-101-banner.jpg

• Honeycombers Online now

• Jwhite
    • sickornotsick
    • SaminTO
    • Gettingthere
    • Alexa Romero
    • thistooshallpass84
    • Jsd20159
  • how-to-deal-with-herpes.jpg

• Latest Buzz

• juan221
      Scared of disclosing? Read this for confidence!
      We offer only original high-quality IDs and Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage certificates,diplomas etc buy now high quality-We have the best HOLOGRAMS AND DUPLICATING MACHINES With over
      13million of out documents circulating over the world.
      -IDs Scan-yes...
      -HOLOGRAMS: IDENTICAL
      -BAR CODES: IDS SCAN
      -UV: YES
      -Passports
      FAKE IDS WITH FAST SHIPPING - EMAIL SUPPORT
      Fake ID's Over state drivers license cards and State ID
      cards available. Includes state driver's license hologram and magnetic strip
      or bar code on back. 2 business day shipping order (shipping and
      handling). The BEST authentic fake ID's on the web.
      Same quality, high resolution that Department of Motor Vehicles use.
      Send current .JPG or .GIF of current license with picture
      and changes in NAME, DOB, LICENSE #, RESTRICTIONS, etc.
      we produce the best fake ID online we sell UK/EU fake ID, Canadian fake ID, Australian fake ID and fake IDs for many other countries from fake passports to fake driving licenses to fake bank statements we have your identification needs covered. Our fake IDs include all security features such as genuine holograms, ultraviolet watermarks, intaglio printing, special paper, fluorescent dyes, RFID chips, bar codes corresponding to your details and more. Our fake IDs are identical to the real thing no other site will offer you this quality we are the best.
      new identity protect your privacy and take back your freedom.. Contact e-mails:===========  morenosanchez62@yahoo.com General support:===========  morenosanchez62@yahoo.com

Contact Number:============ +23777002566 whatsapp================= +23772091720 Skype Name:========== max.mandez
      -------------------------------------------
      DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT U.S. BY EMAIL OR CALL AT ANY TIME AND ANY DISCRETION. SECTIONS:
      BUY real and original PASSPORTS
      Get real and original passports USA (United States)
      Get real and originalAustralian passports (Australia)
      Get real and original Belgian passports (Belgium)
      Get real and original Brazilian passport (Brazil)
      Get real and original Canadian passports (Canada)
      Get real and original passports of Finland (Finland)
      Get real and original French passports (France)
      Get real and original German passports (Germany)
      Get real and original Dutch passport (The Netherlands)
      Get real and original Israeli passports (Israel)
      Get real and original passports UK (United Kingdom)
      Get real and original Spanish passport (Spain)
      Get real and original Mexican passports (Mexico)
      Get real and original South African passports (South Africa)
      Get real and original passports Swiss (Switzerland)
      Get real and original German passports (Germany)
      Get real and original Chinese passports (China)
      Get real and original Spanish passport (Spain)
      Get real and original passports Austrian (Austria)
      Get real and original Japanese passports (Japan)
      Get real and original passports of Ukraine (Ukraine)
      Get real and original passports cambodiens (Cambodia)
      Get real and original passports UK (United Kingdom)
      Get real and original passports USA
      Get real and original passports Romanian (Romania)
      Get real and original passports Polish (Poland)
      Get real and original passports chypre (Cyprus)
      Get real and origanl passports NORWAY (Norway)
      Get real and original Portuguese passports (Portugal)
      Get real and origianl Lithuanian passports (Lithuania)
      Get real and original passports (Russia)
      Get real and original Hungarian passports (Hungary)
      Get real and original Australian passports (Australia)
      Get real and original passports Brazilian (Brazil)
      Get real and original Italian passports (Italy)
      Get real and original passports Jamaica (Jamaica)
      Get real and original passports of Croatia (Croatia)
      Get real and original passports Denmark (Danmark)
      Get real and original passport of Malta (Malta)
      Get real and original passports Polish (Poland)
      Get real and original PASSPORTS SWEDISH (SWEDEN)
      Get real and original IDENTITY CARDS
      Get real and original IDs USA (United States)
      Get real and original Australian identity cards (Australia)
      Get real and original Belgian identity cards (Belgium)
      Get real and original UK driving license
      Get real and original driving license USA
      Get real and original driving license Spanish (Spain)
      Get real and original driving license Portuguese (Portugal)
      Get real and original driving license Hungarian (Hungary)
      Get real and original Mexican driver's license (Mexico)
      Get real and original Belgian driving licenses (Belgium)
      Get real and original driving license Greek (Greece)
      Get real and original driving license Romanian (Romania)
      Get real and original driving license Lithuanian (Lithuania)
      Get real and original driving license Polish (Poland)
      Get real and original driving license Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
      Get real and original Australian driver's license (Australian)
      Get real and original Canadian driver's license (Canada)
      Get real and original French driving license (France)
      Get real and original German driving license (Germany)
      Get real and original UK driving license (United Kingdom)
      Get real and original DEGREES INTERNATIONAL
      -------Contacts---------------------------- Contact e-mails:===========morenosanchez62@yahoo.com
      General support:===========morenosanchez62@yahoo.com
                                                 morenosanchez62@yahoo.com
      Contact Number:============ +23772091720

Skype Name:========== max.mandez
      -------------------------------------------
      Buy, get real and original passport, identity card.
      Sell ??Online, Canadian, British, new INFRINGEMENT
      LICENSES OF CONDUCT, ACTS OF BIRTH CERTIFICATES
      Do not hesitate to contact us by email or call at any time when need is required and in privacy.
      DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT U.S. BY EMAIL OR CALL AT ANY TIME FOR MORE INFORMATION
      AND TO PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR YOUR VARIOUS FALSE PASSPORTS, VISAS, IDENTITY CARDS,
      DRIVER'S LICENSE, BIRTH AND MANY OTHER DOCUMENTS....
      -------Contacts---------------------------- Contact e-mails:===========   morenosanchez62@yahoo.com
      General support:===========   morenosanchez62@yahoo.com
      Contact Number:============+23772091720 whatsapp================= +23772091720 Skype Name:========== max.mandez We are the best producer of HIGH QUALITY counterfeit Banknotes with real and original documents. With over a billion of our products circulating around the world. We offer only original high-quality counterfeit currency bills, real and original documents.
      We offer high quality counterfeit bills for the following currencies; EUR - Euro
      USD - US Dollar
      GBP - British Pound
      INR - Indian Rupee
      AUD - Australian Dollar
      CAD - Canadian Dollar
      AED - Emirati Dirham
      ZAR - Rand
      CHF - Swiss Franc
      CNY - Chinese Yuan Renminbi
      MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
      THB - Thai Baht
    • Acesheart
      Life is truly a mess
      It won't let me edit the post. It should've read " months without vaginal sexy times" 
    • Jwhite
      OUCH!!!
      I'm 33 And pretty sure I have herpes.. I can't afford to go to the doctor for a couple weeks .. but have been reading about herpes since I started having problems down there. Im not quite sure the exact date it all started .. but today is the worst !! I feel so sick my whole body hurts especially my rib cage.. it hurts so bad when I pee I want to scream.. and then cry .. I am scared since I can't see a doctor yet will this clear up on its own or do I have to be on a prescription? Does anyone else have pain in their rib cage? It hurts this is miserable !!! 
    • Acesheart
      Life is truly a mess
      I agree with SheIsBlue, we look at marriage differently. I can say I've had numerous surgeries and hubby went months with vaginal sexy times with me, but we work around the times one of us is injured or sick or ill, that's what marriage is about! Those vows better or worst, sickness and health mean exactly what the spell. You act as though she's done a favor for you by being supportive, honey that's her job! I've been married over 26years and we've been through Cancer, miscarriage, loss of parent and grandparents and siblings, so that's natural in life,but it no one gets extra points for supporting the other during these tragic times. I don't like divorce, I had one, but you can get healthy without her just as easily as with her. She obviously didn't marry for the right reasons and it seems your paying the price. It sounds conclusively as though she checked out long ago, it may be time to move on. I agree a home is made from both your ideas, examples: I have friggen dear heads and toy planes decorating my home, NOT my taste but it's who he is. Therefore I LOVE it because I love him, see how that works. A partner should complete and compliment you and make you better NOT tear you down and make you feel guilty and full of blame. It very well may be time for you to leave and pick up the pieces of your life. You can still find true LOVE, trust me on this. If I can do it anyone can  ! Keep us posted. Hugs Aces xo 
    • Jwhite
      Trying to not feel alone
      I'm 33 And pretty sure I have herpes.. I can't afford to go to the doctor for a couple weeks .. but have been reading about herpes since I started having problems down there. Im not quite sure the exact date it all started .. but today is the worst !! I feel so sick my whole body hurts especially my rib cage.. it hurts so bad when I pee I want to scream.. and then cry .. I am scared since I can't see a doctor yet will this clear up on its own or do I have to be on a prescription? Does anyone else have pain in their rib cage? It hurts this is miserable !!!