• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scaredandalone

Lower Back pain Herpes symptom?

8 posts in this topic

Its slightly over a month since possible exposure for me and Im experiencing lower back pain in a small area above my right buttock. I get sharp pains from time to time and a dull painful sensation when I touch it. I know herpes gets into the nerve endings of your spine so I was wondering if this symptom was consistent with the virus and does this mean I likely have genital herpes. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you for your efforts.

You may or may not have herpes. The only way to know for sure is to see your doctor.

Have you made an appointment yet?

Good Luck,

Angela :wink:

thanks for the reply

no but Im going in about two months since its been a little over a month since possible exposure

Well good luck with your appointment and let us know how it works out for ya, ok?

Angela :D

I definently will and I appreciate the feedback, but do you know if lower back pain a common symptom people with herpes have

I definently will and I appreciate the feedback' date=' but do you know if lower back pain a common symptom people with herpes have[/quote']

I have had genital herpes for 10+ years and that is not a symptom I have ever experienced because of it.

Angela :wink: