• Herpes Forums

This is a site where you can talk openly and honestly about the herpes virus. Please scroll down for herpes information, herpes support and other helpful resources.

You can read all articles for free but to gain full access to our network you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Post your own topics, ask questions, give advice and communicate privately with other members (PM)
    • Chat with over 50,000 people who are also affected by herpes (from all over the world)
    • Browse over 160,000 posts in more than 30 herpes specific topic forums
    • Search new and old posts, personalize your profile and access many other special features
    • Talk to other members in our live chat room

All this is absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

• Want to join our Herpes Help community?

Create My Account.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gs43

herpes and epilepsy

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what the relationship between epilepsy and the hsv2 is. I have only been with 1 woman in my life and she has tested negative via blood test for hsv2. I was diagnosed with epilepsy as a child but never given further explaination. Is there any chance my epilepsy and hsv2 which is located on my eyebrow are related. I am trying to figure out how I contracted hsv2 when the only sex partner I ever had does not have it?

There is no relationship between epilepsy and hsv2. There is some information about a possible relationship between it and hsv6 which is another strain of the virus.

Are you sure you have hsv2 and not hsv1? Most people get hsv1 from a kiss from a relative when they are a kid. HSV2 does not like to be around the face but hsv1 does. Do a blood test to make sure what you have.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB

I have epilepsy and no. There is NO relation. They are two different kinds of conditions. One is neurological which affects the brain, and the other affects the nerves in the spine. Absolutely NO relation. I haven't had a seizure in 7 years. And i've been dx'd with HSV2 for only 1 year. Valtrex is KNOWN to cause seizures in some, but I only ever have partial seizures. I haven't had a grand mal in 7 years. Hope this helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes-simplex-101-banner.jpg

• Honeycombers Online now

• Evaluate
    • LadyInPink
    • SureWhyNot
    • Penumbra
    • bayern77
    • JustOne2
    • dvd
    • suptalife
  • how-to-deal-with-herpes.jpg

• Latest Buzz

• dvd
      Disclosing?
      To the people commenting about suffering, why are you bothering to even suggest disclosing then? why not request that anyone with ghsv1 just remove themselves from the dating scene and never have intimate relations with anyone again? That's what it comes down to really. After all, given the choice it's very clear none of you would have made it, so why would you expect anyone else to? It seems that you've done the maths for everyone else, i.e., the vast majority that have no problems with this - and this is all based on the occurence of outliers. It's not in any way proportional to the facts, and it's purely hysteria based. Moreover, since HSV-1 is more likely to be transmitted orally, why aren't you suggesting the entire population of the planet understands their status and that everyone with HSV-1 is classified as unable to have intimate relations with people without it - that should marginalise a lot more people. Or is is just for those who have it genitally? The fact is this virus has been kicking around for a long time and the MAJORITY of people have it. If it was such a massive problem then people would have been informed to disclose orally a long time ago before they even kissed someone, and people kiss each other much more than they screw. The script can't be rewritten just because it appears in a different place where it's less likely to transmit.  
    • Acesheart
      Life is truly a mess
      I wasted over 5years with the ex husband thinking and believing he was my best friend in the whole world, we were partners in crime and life! After 4 months of marriage he cheated, when I confronted him with my herpes diagnosis, he laughed at me told me to get over it, walked off as I vomited all over my shirt, he went to bed as if everything was settled. I packed my bags left everything else behind, didn't think about it just did it. In that moment I saw the kind of man he was, wasted piece of scum I had thought he'd die for me, he protect me but I saw the reality of the situation and knew it would never be the fairy tail I'd made it out to be. He didn't LOVE the way I loved and the choice was real and simple and I did what I had to do to survive mentally. He said he Never EVER thought I'd leave him since I had no-one and no where to go, well boy o' boy was he sadly mistaken! Some actions speak louder than any word ever could. Take care of you honey. Protect your heart and trust in you! Hugs Aces xo 
    • HerpeHendrixson
      Life is truly a mess
      I know, just takes me time to build up to it.  I really do not want to, however, I see no other option right now.  It's very painful to see a relationship that was, at one time, appeared to be very strong.  Then, all of a sudden, breakdown to just "friends" or "roommates" at best. 
    • SureWhyNot
      Disclosing?
      I have held back but every time I see this question being asked I want to scream what I know. I cannot continue to read posts from people who believe this is not worth mentioning to someone you are going to share your body with!! Not trying to scare just WAKE UP those thinking only of themselves and believing this is just a skin infection! I do not have the medical papers to show you but I could include a picture of a 59 yr old friend with a feeding and breathing tube who had an inoperable throat tumor that was pathologically traced back to HSV!!!!!!! Yes this is very rare but I am sure he would rather have won the lottery than have his harmless skin infection attack his body this way. You have NO WAY of knowing how this is going to affect change in your later years. No amount of math or wishing can offer that. I am 60 now and my harmless skin infection has morphed into a full blown attack where I cannot eat most food without it becoming a sacral outbreak. I admit I fell off my health wagon for 4 yrs due to a life altering event I could have dealt better with so I guess I brought this on myself. I am talking real food like vegetables and fruit, never mind dairy and wheat. I can only eat about 5 different foods and that gets boring fast. I am working with an exceptional Naturopath and this is a very difficult symptom to treat because it is systemic. He does have another patient like me so this is not particular to me. This is why I have constantly said to go after this virus with everything you know how to do. I thought regular outbreaks were painful but sacral outbreaks have kicked it up a special notch! Good News though, My friend did overcome the tumour with soft chemo and the ability to eat 6 lemons a day through his feeding tube. Not going into his story of healing as that was his personal journey he was forced to take. I see I am not the norm here on this site as I fight Holistically and most seem to want to take a pill and make it go away. For those this works for, Bravo for you, but never assume this virus will be the same for the unlucky person you make their life choice for!  I know this is going to scare some readers but turning a blind eye to this virus is dangerous! I will be stepping back from this forum and stop inserting my 2 cents about Holistic care because it is not as easily accepted as going to the doctor for a script. I admit when I read posts about how some will continue to put others at risk it upsets me too much because of what I know about this virus through life experience, not internet!!!!   You now know what I know to be fact about this virus. Make your own choices not choices for others!  
    • sp13
      Disclosing?
      Don't do the math for other people. Let them make the choice. Some people suffer more from GHSV1 than others. You cannot just say after the even, "Oh, sorry, I did the statistics and you should have been fine".