World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
What a beotch

What do I do now???

What a beotch

I was diagnosed with this over 10 years ago BUT it was on my leg. Nobody ever told me that it's possible that it could be HSV2. I went 4 years with nothing, nada, zero on my leg and then all of a sudden I started to itch. I wasn't sure what it was at first because I had just trimmed (my hair). About 10-12 days later I noticed something and I freaked out. I went to my doctor and she told me that I have to get a blood test to confirm what it is (sores were gone within 3 days) and guess what.....well, I'm here aren't I?? LOL. It WAS HSV2. I am having such a hard time dealing with this. I went 4 years with nothing anywhere on my body and now I had the outbreak in the beg. of January, again at the end of Jan and right now. How is it that I have done 4 years with nothing and now 3 times since the start of the year??? That is what I am having a problem with. Besides, how am I going to tell a guy I start dating, what are the best ways to prevent outbreaks. I am having issues with all of those things. Can someone PLEASE help me???? I am so ashamed, humiliated and embarrassed. I feel dirty now.

Lifeislife

Try to relax and realize it is not the end of all things. We all know what you are experiencing and we also know it will get easier and the worst of it will pass.

Did something in your lifestyle change around the time you began getting outbreaks? More stress? More partying? Less partying? Poor sleep? Different diet? All of these things can cause the change.

Also, though I am only speculating on something now occurring to me...a woman's body goes through several monumental changes throughout her life. Maybe it is possible with hormonal and chemical changes, the virus becomes more active.

There are lots of different ways to control outbreaks. Some choose suppressive therapy with something like Valtrex (prescription required). Some work it out through diet. Some use supplements. It is up to you to decide which works best for you.

The left side bar has alot of easy to read information. I highly suggest you read it through to help educate yourself. The more I knew about the virus, the better I felt all around. I felt empowered.

I point alot of people who ask about dating to my original post on this forum. I hope it gives you hope and the insight you are looking for.

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/showthread.php?t=9791

What a beotch

Thank you but....

I thank you so much (Lifeislife) for your response. Yes, I have had A LOT more stress, my sleep is all jacked up and my diet is okay. I would say thatI have been depressed for a while now, say November. However, I lost a parent over 2 years ago and that didn't bring anything on and that was a hell of a lot more stress. Why now? Why after 4 years of being fine is it coming on? Twice in January (when I noticed it for the first time and then at the end of the month) and then again this week?? I am so baffled by this and depressed. I read everything you wrote regarding dating but I feel like nobody will want to be with me. Then I wonder if Dynamiclear would help, vitamins or should I take suppression (Valtrex) everyday. I feel lost. :(

Do you mind me asking what you do to control this?? I feel that I DO have knowledge about this however, it's just not making me feel any better.

Thanks for listening. This actually is making me feel better....being able to ask questions to people who know.

Thank you again.

Lifeislife

I take Valtrex every day as suppressive therapy. Have been for three years. I am now fine tuning my diet and lifestyle so I might be able to stop taking it.

Although I have genital HSV 1 that tends to have little or no outbreaks, because my immune system is compromised due to health problems which include non-restorative sleep, I had found I was flirting with an outbreak every time I missed a dose.

Someone will want you. I hope some of the others will post their successes and where they are now, despite having herpes.

I wouldn't obsess too much as to why it is happening. Likely it could just be one of those changes our bodies go through. Focus on what might get it under control.