World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
onemanoneheart

Dont want to loose the 1 I Love

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

onemanoneheart

Hi I am new here but not new to this Virus.But I could use a little help or Alot my girl friend and I had a scare awhile ago and she wants to end our realtionship because of the virus because she is scared of getting it as well is there any body out there that could help.

Lifeislife

A few things. What type and location do you have? When did you find out you had it? (before or after you were together and how long ago) Has she had any blood work to determine if she has been exposed in the past? Does she ever get coldsores?

It is important that both of you are fully educated about the virus. How it spreads, viral shedding and most importantly, you need to make her understand how common it is. Ending the relationship does not ensure she will not be exposed to it. Many of us here were infected by someone who did not disclose it to us or who did not know they were carrying it. 85% of the population has coldsores, which is herpes, and can be transmitted to genitals or mouth. 1 in 5 are carrying genital herpes, likely more as the statistic can only be based on those who have been diagnosed by a doctor. There are many who do not show symptoms but are still contagious or those who refuse to see a doctor due to denial.

With you, she at least knows you have it and can take the necessary precautions. She may not be so lucky with the next one.

onemanoneheart

Is it possible to have type one on your genitals because my out breaks are very small thank you for taking the time to reply

Lifeislife

Absolutely can have type 1 genital. You can either strain in either location, though when not in its "preferred" location, it loses some of its punch.

I was infected with Typ 1 genital from someone who also had type 1 genital.