World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PoorLips

What's working for me.

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

PoorLips

This is day two of my coldsore.

Usually they last, roughly, a week--oozing out near the end of the week.

Well, last night I went nuts and bought everything in the world at wal-mart.

I purchased:

--Lysine

--Zinc

--Herplex (that I know of, Natrum muriaticum, Rhus toxicodendron, & Borax are suppose to be good for outbreaks. I looked up the rest of the active ingredients and it sounds helpful.)

--Immune support tea (with echinacea, vitamin c, zinc)

--Earl Grey tea

--Dissa-peer (25mg thiamine, 20mg zinc, 325mg lysine)

--Purell (couldn't find it with aloe though which is disappointing since aloe is suppose to be helpful too)

Last night I took 500mg of lysine, 1 dissa-peer, 3 Herplex, and put some purell on.

I woke up and I've noticed it seems to be scabbing over already :o:D

I plan to take 1000mg of lysine, 1 dissa-peer, 3 Herplex, apply Purell, and drink some of the immune support tea sometime this evening.

This later tonight I'll take what I took last night.

I suppose I won't try the earl grey compress right now. I'm still not sure how much zinc I need to be taking during an outbreak. I'm a bit excited that the healing process has sped up a little. Maybe by the end of a week it'll be gone instead of weird-oozy! ;)

helied2me

Hi PoorLips,

I'm not sure about the amount of zinc but they do recommend at least 1250 mg of l-lysine to prevent OB's and up it to at least 1875 mg during OB's. Some here will take as much as 3000 mg during an OB. So I would definitely increase the l-lysine.

Getitright

I felt an outbreak coming on and took 5 Herplex as directed and nothing else. Took the same dosage twice in 8 hour intervals, the symptoms subsided with no outbreak. This is the first time I have used it, and it seemed to work for me. I will take 3 more 5 pill doses to be sure.

No side effects noted.

PoorLips
I felt an outbreak coming on and took 5 Herplex as directed and nothing else. Took the same dosage twice in 8 hour intervals, the symptoms subsided with no outbreak. This is the first time I have used it, and it seemed to work for me. I will take 3 more 5 pill doses to be sure.

No side effects noted.

I am uncertain as to when you posted this but I'd like an update when possible if the product has helped you.

I believe it helped me but I am not 100% certain as I was also taking other things at the same time. I know that there is no cure-all method but I would like to know others' experiences with it.