World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PoorLips

is it spreading?

PoorLips

I recently had my oral herpes spread upward a little off of my lip and onto my face. I had never had it spread off of my lip but it did the breakout before this one...it didn't go up very much though...maybe halfway to my nose.

I didn't think too much of it--just a bad break-out I thought.

This outbreak I'm experiencing major itching inside of my nostril above that side of my lip...and my eye above that lip is itching too.

Is it possible it's spreading there too? Coincidence those parts are now itching? Is it just the nerves being aggravated? :(

chay5

It is possible - I have seen pictures with HSV OBs in a few places on the face...However, please do not worry about these just because you feel some itching...When we worry and become obsessed with herpes, we can feel itching or tingling everywhere....These nerves are connected - it's like when you have a toothache - all teeth hurt. I wish you that your OB doesn't spread any more and goes away and never comes back (this happens very often with HSV1)

:D

alwall0828

It is possible that you have spread but I have also heard that just because you get it on your lip, the virus doesn't sit in the one spot on your lip. It can travel from the spinal cord where it houses itself to an area on your face. Alot of people can have it primarily on their lip but it can go on your cheek, notrils lips and so forth. So technically to have a sore in your nose you didn't "spread" it.

lipshurt

Spread

It can definitely spread. I have a huge one on my lower lip right now and this morning when I woke up I had a few tiny blisters below it going down my chin. :(