World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ducky80

New to site not herpes

ducky80

I thought maybe some of you here could shed some light on my sitiuation. First I've had genital herpes for about 15 years. Ive been married for 28 years. The first out break was about 12 years or so into the marriage. My husband had never had an outbreak either. I went to the doctor because I didn't know I had a herpe he did a swab type test on it. So I am living proof you can get herpes years after beign exposed. I have no idea who I got herpes from. I at first thought it was my husband but he had blood work done that was negative for genital herpes. I was married before this husband once and dated some before I married the one now. I never saw a herpe on any body. Anyway the reason I bring this up is. During the past 20 years I developed a problem with vertigo. It is known that cold sores can travel the nerve in the face and go to the ear and cause ear damage as well as bells palsy. Some theory has now come up that genital herpes can cause this problem to. I ask my doctor about that he said that genital herpes only travels a certain nerve path from the spine say to the feet and the cold sore virus travels its own path which is why genital herpes can't cross a line up to the head. That is unless you touch a herpe infect your face and then it travel to the brain/ear. So do any of you that have herpes have a problem with veritgo or know anything about this. I have never had a cold sore. But I am wondering if the virus can ciruculate the body from blood stream or the nervous system to the head and ear system.

Lifeislife

Unfortunately, I have no information on this. I do not suffer vertigo or any symptoms beyond the norm, but I also don't think I have coldsores.

chay5

From what I have learned about Herpes so far (and I read a lot:)), herpes does not cause any of the diseases/complications that Ducky80 mentions. Herpes is a pretty well contained virus, that surfases either in genital/boser shorts or lip area and causes a range of typical symptoms that come and go. As far as I know, vertigo problems are not caused by herpes. I think what you are experiencing are different conditions that exist independently of each other.

Lifeislife

Have the doctors tested for inner ear infections or abnormalities?

coalminer

Oral vs. Genital Herpes

Oral herpes is more dangerous than genital herpes. Yet people are far more upset about genital herpes. Herpes does not cause other diseases. Many "informed" doctors do not consider it that serious of a skin disorder since wise and informed living can usually manage it OK. And the triggers can vary somewhat from one person to another. For example, avoid aspartame (the artificial sweetener) as this is controversial (google it). Even sugar free gum with aspartame should be avoided. Also avoid coffee, any arginine rich food (check the food chart), nuts, (check data on good herpese diet) and use Dynamiclear on sores (I also us it on a rash), followed by Purell with aloe numerous times throughout the day, and oil or oregano in the evening (for GH from the tail bone to the waistline, and for Oral on the neck from base of skull to where spine reaches shoulder area). Get oil of oregano with good strength from: http://www.bio-alternatives.net/buyoregano.htm?gclid=CMqF2beBjZICFRM8awodWQJmDA

Just study up on things and live wisely.