World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
keospice

Newbe

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

keospice

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kim, I was diagnosed with HSV-type 2 about 6 monthes ago. For the first 4 monthes after finding out about my diagnosis I was completly depressed and though my life was over. Im starting to come to terms that this is a part of my life, im not going to die from this, and that life will go on. BUT i am terrified about getting into a relationship. I have joined this group to get support and hope someone can ease my mind and help me come to terms with this.

bluefrog

Hey welcome! I know how you are feeling. I was the same way just about a year ago. I was infected in March 07 and got the diagnosis in early May 08. Life does go on, you will learn to accept and adjust to this virus....promise! I was afraid of not being in a relationship or having to try to meet somebody who also has herpes, but this was proven to not be the case. I met a guy in November and revealed my hsv status in January. We are still together, and have a normal relationship to include sex. Of course, I did tell him prior to any sexual activity.

You will find lots of good information here!

chevyMisty

I think you find that thinking your life over is a normal initial reaction to getting the diagnosis and while this does suck...life does go on. Normally OB's become less and less and you feel better about it. You come to terms with it. And yes Life goes on. There are many people here who have a very healthy relationship with partners and spouses and have for many years without infecting them. Many of us have kids too. You'll find it's not so bad...though it can get annoying.

keospice

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Thats why im here...support, encouragment, suggestions.

chevyMisty

and that's what we are here for. ^_^. To both give and receive. Though I am sorry you are part of the club too.

seashell

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you found us. This is a great place for support.:)

fighting survivor

I also discovered I have it just one month ago. The guy I was with says he still loves me and its no big deal. Therefore I wonder if he actually knew he had it and didn't tell me. He denies knowing and was finally tested yesterday.

Problem is I am in love with someone from my past who I had been seeing for 4 years off and on before we broke up last Nov. After I started seeing Joe, D told me that he trully loved me and I crushed him when I left Joe move in with me. I eventually told D I had GH and he seemed to take it well at first. He got himself tested and came out negative, but now is saying I have a "defect" and if he is with me he will eventually get it. He is scared to death! Where is the LOVE? If things were turned around I am sure I would deal with it just to be with the one I love. I go a few days without crying, then get really mad, and cry and cry and cry. I put myself into counseling but so far its not helping a whole lot.

monarchbutterfly

poor baby

:( poor baby....

I sympathize so much. It is not a defect dear. It's just an illness like a cold and it doesn't make u any less desirable and you must believe that. But it is scary. I understand why he's scared but with suppressive therapy, a condom and boxers with the hole in the middle... I think you'd be fine having a sexual relationship.

I have a boyfriend now and I'm pretty sure he's just a fearless kind of guy- 11 months together now and he's been with me since my first outbreak and I love him and I'm so grateful he's willing to take that risk with me- love and a virus.

it will get better

you ar e awonderful gift and any man would be lucky to have you- maybe you just need somone braver and stronger girl :)

hope your day goes well,

monarch