World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hioct2007

GHSV leads to AIDS

hioct2007

Hello everyone,

I have come across a substantial body of evidance while i was researching on GHSV type 2 and was very very disappointed to come to the point that being a carrier of this virus will alter your immune system as well as your genital flora in a way that makes you more suseptible to being infected with other STDs and HIV virus, this is very disappointing fact that we can't run away from and convince ourselves that this herpes is not gonna do anything and its just gonna hide and resurface from time to time, what are your opinion guys, i would like to be challenged and reassured in another way((((((((((((

VVK

Can you link us up to this evidence?

It's known that herpes sores make you more likely to get infected with HIV. I don't know about it changing your flora or immune system.. but seriously pay closer attention to who you choose to sleep with. This should be a wakeup call for you not to make the same mistake again.

LadyStanding

HSV is not the virus that causes or leads to AIDS. HIV is and it's that simple. Having other viruses does indeed make one more susceptible to HIV but it does not CAUSE AIDS or CAUSE HIV.

Herpes is a skin to skin STD and a fluid (semen, vaginal fluid, blood, or breat milk) must enter your body (blood stream) for you to be infected with HIV.

But with any virus we may have, we must learn to live a healthier life watching what enters our bodies including food, liquids and even bodily fluids.

LadyStanding