World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
chevyMisty

3 in 3

chevyMisty

Ok. I am really getting tired of this. I think a third outbreak since February is starting. As soon as I get over one...another one pops up. Grah. This is becoming a major pain in my rear end.

bluefrog

I also have had three in the last three months. Since my initial OB in April 07, I have had about 7 OBs. UGH.

stewart

hate to say it, but I've got you both beat - 9 - yes, NINE - outbreaks since January 1st.

this is the one lottery that I really didn't want to win...

but since almost all of them have come when I'm ovulating or getting my period, I'm hopeful that once the Pill kicks in, I can at least eliminate some of these OBs (I mean really, is it too much to ask to go more than 3-4 days without SOMETHING going on down there? geesh)

luca

Damn guys sorry to here this. Is there something that your doing that is triggering it. I only start to show signs when I took arginine as a supplement. But besides that I havent really had any real ob's in a year.

stewart

heck if I know...

I take all the suggested supplements, try to get more sleep, not overdue it on the caffeine, etc. (although I really don't think that makes much of a difference)... Valtrex and Famvir don't work... Dynamiclear sort of does but not the miracle that they claim it will... I think mine are mostly induced by my cycle... so I get an OB that lasts 3-5 days and then a few days later, I either ovulate or get my period and I'm right back where I started... I'm on the Pill now... let's hope it works...

oh, and I'm trying Oil of Oregano... chinese herbal medicine is next on my list (along with Bio88 and BHT at this rate)... trying to give each thing 4-6 weeks to work or show some improvement...

lysine does nothing for me...

chevyMisty

and I thought I had it bad. Sorry to hear that. I have no clue what triggered this one. but oh well. Wish I could help you more really.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • walkthetalk
      yea I am on them.  Been taking them for about 8 months now.  I reckon they're good for general well being too, cause I am not as tired as I used to be and I didn't get the flu this year.  My blisters stopped after about the third month, but I really don't know if I am still positive or not, cbf doing a blood test and I am not dating so I don't mind not knowing for now.  But I am happy to stay on them for a while.
    • Pokemon
      See also: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/spotlight/imports/viral-shedding-level-dictates-risk-of-herpes-transmission.html  
    • Pokemon
      "We predict that transmission is unlikely at viral loads less than 104 HSV DNA copies" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006256/ The above quote suggests that transmission can take place with 10,000 copies (104).
    • vanish123
      See this article.  I would say that it is Herpes.   I have burning mouth syndrome and have to take a lot of antivirals.  Was valtrex then famicyclovir, then acyclovir.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/50455-burning-mouth-syndrome-herpes.html
    • vanish123
      Sorry to tell you, but I have the same thing.  Probably HSV 1.  It was not as bad as before, but when I kissed certain people it would get worse.  The last person I dated had HSV 1 and now I have it as burning mouth syndrome.  So here is the article.  I get tingles everywhere if I get saliva on me no matter where you kiss me.  So trigeminal area and my skin.  When the I guess initial outbreak was happening, I was getting fever and skin irritations everywhere.  Now I try to be careful not to kiss my partner  anywhere or touch my eyes etc, I do not need to spread it anywhere. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/50455-burning-mouth-syndrome-herpes.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.