World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pleasehelp123

femalesss please helpppp

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

pleasehelp123

hi was just wondering if any girls could help me out with this, i got my first outbreak after i shaved down below,i thought it was a shaving burn at first, untill going to the doctor realising that it wasnt, since then i have not shaved properly yes it has been a month this is very gross for me and my boyfriend!! i am going on holiday in 2 weeks and i will HAVE to do some form of hair removal before then. so just wondering has shaving triggered any outbreaks in any of you? i have shaved before regulary for years and nothing has ever triggered anything untill i got my first outbreak, and considering id been with the same partner for 8 months i figure it was a partner before him and i didnt know so i was obviosuely shaving when i was asyptomatic and didnt know? all i know is i am very scared to start shaving again!!

Kya

Is there not a chance its the partner you are with now??

As for shaving, i personally dont shave becasue its too sensative down there and I always came out in spots and ingrown hairs etc. So i opted for waxing (professionally) and its fab! Costs a bit somtimes but it does last alot longer and no worries about annoying rashes from shaving. Nice and smooth!! lol And there is no need to be embarrassed about going, they are professionals and its their job and they should be wearing gloves to do it so no worries there either!

Nice to hear that you are still with the boyfriend as well! Take it he doesnt care about it all!

chole

I have shaved a couple of times since my first ob,just prefer not much hair down there,have not had any probs,I throw away the razor even have just used it once,just to be as clean as poss.I wouldn't worry about doing it,obviously you don't wanna be shaving near an a ob if u r having one. ( ouch ),my ob was more inside where you wouldn't shave anyway.

regret

instead of using the razor why not try a shaver? you can still get a close shave and it doesnt irritate your skin when the hair starts growing back

pleasehelp123

kya.

Kya,

I dont know if it was the partner im with now. He hasnt had an outbreak in the time hes been with me and says hes never had one before. But obv he cud have no symptoms. Yeah i may think about waxing although that would probably hurt alot, and im scared that anything i do down ther will start an OB. and as for my boyfriend not caring he says it dusnt really bother him, and we should just get on with things, its been a month sincde i told him and we havnt been great because i keep mentioning it quite aloot and he wants to forget about it he says

Kya

Its natural that you want to talk about it! It helps us to understand it all better and to deal with it. I'm sure my friend and my mum for one are sick of me going on about stats and facts about it. lol Bless em... but they klisten becasue they know it helps me.

Your husband may not want to talk about it becasue it may remind him that there is a chance he has it too, either through picking it up from you or having it all along. They do say ignorence is bliss.... by not talking about it and not thinking about it, he can pretent there is nothing to worry about.

Is there someone else you can talk to about it all? Might help your relatioship a little by venting to someone else over the topic. I know its your husband and he should be there to listen to you, but its understandable that he might be a little worried perhaps.

As for waxing.... i did it only beacuse shaing gave me rashes and it always grew back way too quickly. Waxing lasts for AGES!!! lol I wont say you cant feel anything, coourse you can. Depends on your own pain thresh hold, saying that I have a friend who has a very low pain thresh hold and gets waxed. Guess you can only give it a go and see what happens. Since you dont get waxed as often as you would shave, might be kinder to the skin and reduce the amount of irritation on the area, that is casued by shaving. I really dont know.

Hope all goes well!

Kya

Sorry, not husband! lol just read another post about someones husbad. i do apologise!! :)

pleasehelp123

its okay about the husband thing. lol. yeah i do think it may be because he dusnt rele want to talk about it or think about it, i dont really want to think about it either. im not worried that this disease can do anything to me because it cant, i just hate the fact that i have it.

I really wouldnt want to talk to any of my other friends about it, one of my friends has had clamidiyah, and i had it before too and we told each other, but i only told her because i knew she had had it, its not good to not really trust your friends but i dont trust any of them enough to tell them about this.

As for waxing i might give it a try if i am brave enough lol. how often are your obs?

dealinginny

Just wanted to chime in quick -

I shave on a regular basis, and my first OB did occur about the same time I shaved - but I shave almost daily or every other day, so hard to say that. I have since shaved normally since then - and no furthur problems.

I have also been waxed, it's totally worth the pain if you can afford it!

pleasehelp123

thanks for the advice dealinginny, i havnt shaved since my OB and i a really reluctant to. i havnt had another OB since my frist one a month ago and im not on any meds, but i am very worried about another one coming back. i was also just reading in the technical bit of the forum that people have died from herpes!! and that it can sometimes go to the brain this has made me very worried

Kya

Think that only happens to a select few! Im not worried about that heppening.

You could have nothing wrong with you and still die in your sleep of a heart attack or stroke!!

I have no real need to keep waxing all the time, student so dont have alot of money after spending it on rent and bills. So unles I have a reason to (which I dont at the mo- not going on holiday, dont wear skirts and dont have a bf).

Had a wax done once since finding out I had this and nothing happened. Was a little red down there for a few hours, but you generally are after a wax!! Normal.

dealinginny: Your skin must be used to all the shaving. When I was shaving there I had to wait for almost a week before doing it again otherwise it got really sore and lots of spots. Not nice! Waxing is so much nicer, lasts longer and no silly rashes (unles you allergic to wot they use)

pleasehelp123: You should be able to feel you can trust people, esp. friends and family. My close family knows, only coz I told my mum, who then told my dad becasue she doesnt have secrets from him and of course her locking herself in the kitchen so she could talk to me on the phone wihtout being overheard was kinda obvious there was somthing going on.

Failing that.... come rant on here!! :)

frank1111

im a new doctor and i think i just began to have a first ob. this is awful, im in denial! i see this (and educate and support affected patients) all day long and i am just as depressed and mortified as everyone else is in the beginning. im having a hard time even making the appointment to get diagnosed when i already know by my signs and symptoms i have herpes. please tell me that i am going to be ok, that i am going to find someone that will still date me even with the disease, i cant believe it happened to me...

frank1111

... of course it could happen to anyone... you just never expect it to be yourself...

Kya

so true! lol Once you have one thing, you tend to be more paranoid about catching something else!! Its a right pain in the behind! so to speak. ;)

Jenhurts87

Other options

Just had to chime in here. I just dealt with this dilema for the first time since my initial OB a few days ago. Nair bikini for sensitive skin works wonders!!! Lasts longer than shaving, no waxing pain, and the sensitive skin one doesn't leave any irritation (or at least it didn't with me, and I have extremely sensitive rash-prone skin). Trust me, if you've got the big H, and you don't want to end up looking like a 70's playmate down there, this stuff is a life saver!