World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pleasehelp123

cant stop thinking about it!!!

pleasehelp123

i have only been diagnosed with this for a month now, but all i know is i think about this every minute of everyday literally!!! the only time since i was diagnosed with this that i didnt think abot it was when i had my tounge periced that was beacuase i was in so much pain with the swelling etc that it took my mind off it. i started a tempoarary job to help me with spending money 4 my holiday it was sposed to last 3 weeks i mamaged two beacuse i couldnt stand thinking about it all day and not being able to talk to anyone. I am letting it effect every aspect of my life, wen my friends tlking to me in the back of my mind im thinkin ive got herpes, when i go for job interviews im thinkin it. I CANT STOP THINKKING IT!! i look at people on the street and think oh i bet they havnt got this!! i was so excited about going on holiday with my boyfriend before we booked it in february to go in july and i was literally counting down the days its two weeks away now and i dont even want to go. we used to have a BRILLIANT sex life ive gone off sex completley i mention it to him everyday and he gets so annoyed beacuse it rewally dosnt bother him that i have this. he said that even if he has an outbreak which we dontr know if he will beacuse we dont know if he has it he said he wud just get on with things. hes like why are you letting a virus effect you like this, when its not even there half the time. to be honest i would much rather be asymtpmatic and not even know i have this! i dont sleep around and have a bf i love!! so not knowing wouldnt have done any harm!!! did anyone else used to think about this constantly and then stop? HELPP plese i jus want to get onwith my life!!

marriedwchildren

pleasehelp,

yes i was diagnose with ghsv1 last december, it has only been 6 months for me. And absolutely the first 3 months all I did was lay on the floor and take a mirror to myself almost every 20 minutes to make sure I was not having another OB. Every twinge, itch weird feeling I would be back on the floor with the mirror again. My husband made a joke by saying Wow your on your back more now then you have been since we got married 24 years ago.:oops:

But it does get better, I still look but not nearly as much as before. I still have anxiety about it, but others have told me it does get better and i will take their word on that. i sure wish you well and keep your head held high.

I wish you a happy holiday go and enjoy yourself, you get one shot at life take it and make the best of it. Take care.:-D

pleasehelp123

thanks

thanks marriedwchildren, that is exactly what i am like now, my OB was really bad and i got sores all around my anus aswell whiich i dont get because i thought you only got it from contact and ive never had anul sex i was in SOOO much pain i would cry when i went to the toliet and i could hardly walk. i also always check my mouth and think its coming there even though ive nebver had a coldsore in my life. im only 18 and my life is realy just beggining, my mum told me that my aunty had it before and she seems fine but obvisely if she wasnt she wudnt discuss it with me. i dont get why theer is so much stigma behind the genital form when millions of people get coldsores and people dont really think much of it. i dont have any idea where this could have come from. ive never done anything with Anyone with any visable sores on there genitals and ive always had sex in relationships apart from one person. im only 18 but ive had 3 serious relationships 2 lasting over a year and this one being 8 months so far. ive been in relationshiops since i was 13, which sounds stupid because its so young looking back now. out of my friends i was always the one who was careful,i have friends that sleep around ALOT. out of all of them im the one whos slept wit the less people but this happnes to me!! how often are your outbreaks mwc?

marriedwchildren

please,

I have genital type 1 and since my initial oB last December I have not had another. I do take Valtrex daily and 1250mg of Lysine, but after my first year i will stop the Valtrex and see how things workout. I just want my body to get used to the virus and build my immune system up before I let go of the medication.

You might be young dear but you are far from not being able to live a great and happy life, keep that head held high and never let anyone make you feel bad about yourself, your a good person never forget that> Take care:-D

helied2me

Hi pleasehelp,

I just wanted to say I still think about it constantly and still looking in the mirror at least every other day with every itch or tingle so I haven't reached that point yet and I have gotten nothing but negative results in the 8 1/2 months that I last tested.

I'm so happy for you that you have a boyfriend who really doesn't think it's a big deal, you are so lucky! I hope you enjoy your vacation together.

married,

I think that's the first time I heard that comment by your husband, it had me laughing my ass off!:lol:

DariyQueen

i still think about it some days more than others. but when i was first diagnosed in april that is all i could think about since it was very painful for me. not really being able to walk balling tears whenever i had to use the bathroom. it was just horrible but as the symptoms seized my thoughts about it becames less everyday. I am to 18 and was the careful one and yadd yadda yadda which sucks but you have to let the ball roll and jump back on the wagon and don't let the thoughts of herpes throw you off of your horse!! alot of cliche things to say in one sentence but in certain cases these saying are what gets me through the days where that is all i can think about.

But to sum it up the constant thoughts and self check ups and illusioned tingling sensations will subside and you will go back to a relatively normal ife.

but the hardest time for me not to think about it is during sex! which in the end turns me off (which sucks!!) i belive the first step to not thinking about it is excepting it and relaxing/calming yourself over the issue. ;)

marriedwchildren

heliedtome,

I want to tell you I am happy about your test results, i think that is awesome news. I am happy for you.

As my Hubby goes he does come up with some good one liners. He always keeps me guessing, i think that is one of the many reasons I love him so much. Take care.

notamused

Hi pleasehelp,

I really really empathise with you - I just got diagnosed at 21, after getting infected by a guy who didn't know he had it, the only guy I've ever slept with! and I too am surrounded by people who sleep around and as far as i know get away with it. i also have the problem (as I'm sure everyone does) of not being able to stop thinking about it. literally unless I'm very distracted it goes round in my head constantly, its the last thing i think of when i go to sleep and the first thing I think of when i wake up! and yes I also walk around thinking I bet none of these people have it, why me etc. BUT I can feel that this is getting better, slowly. my advice would be to confide in a friend or two, although it sounds like you have a supportive boyfriend which is really lucky.

all the best, L

pleasehelp123

thanks for replie..

heliedtome what do you mean when you say you have got nothing but negative results in the last 8 and ahalof months you were tested? i thought herpes never went away?

Yes i am very luky to have a supportive boyfriend, and if i didnt have him i dont know how i would have dealt with this. i jus cant get the thoughts out of my head, my bf always says why are you worried it cant do anything serious to you, but thats not why i am worried, its just the stigma behind it and just knowing that i have it. i jus find it so scarey that u can bascially just have sex for the first time with someone who has no spots etc on there body says there been tested and are clean and then end up with herpes, because so many people dont know they have it, and the clinics dont test you for it unless you have spots when you go there. i dont have a CLUE who ive got this from,in all 3 of my long term realtioships the 1st one i lost my virginity too, and he only had one partner before me , the second one was a virgin and now my current boyfriend has had alot of sexual partners, and is the only person ive had unprotected sex with alot, i had it once or twice with my second partner but never with the first, so i cant help but think it is my current partner but i dont think he belives it is at all. and another bad things is condoms dont even protect from this disease, unless its on the effected area, and i got my outbreak around the vagina not inside so i guess condoms wouldnt have protected me. all my previous sexual partners live in my area and have had sex with alot of people that i know, so it has to be one of them so effectivley one of these people is spreading it around to quite alot of people really.