World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ynotony1966

what are the odds

ynotony1966

i just tested + type 2,had sex with my new girl frind durring,what i now know to be an ob,though we were just having too much fun.anyway...what are the odds she contracted it.how soon can she be tested,she said she is having a head ache,no other symptoms.

also i had an ob 6 mos ago for the first time ater a brake up and it was like nothing,a little blister,thought it was from masterbating,now this last one is a very painful and long lasting one,what can i do to keep her from getting it if she might have been resently exposed,any morning after pill??????

helied2me

Hi ynotony,

Sorry, there is no morning after pill for herpes and if you were having an outbreak at the time you had sex, the chances she contracted it are a lot better than if you didn't have an outbreak.

I hope she dodged a bullet but if she starts getting any blisters, sores, yeasty type infections, cuts or major itching in the genitals, she should get to the doctor or clinic within 24-48 of any symptoms appearing and have a viral culture done. This would be the quickest way to find out, if the virus is still on the surface at the time of testing. If the virus is not on the surface , she could get a false negative and will have to have a blood test done.

The most reliable time for accurate results is between 12-16 weeks from possible exposure. Some people will test positive as early as 3 weeks but that is not the norm.

I hope everything turns out OK and that she never gets classics symptoms. Good luck you two.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • walkthetalk
      yea I am on them.  Been taking them for about 8 months now.  I reckon they're good for general well being too, cause I am not as tired as I used to be and I didn't get the flu this year.  My blisters stopped after about the third month, but I really don't know if I am still positive or not, cbf doing a blood test and I am not dating so I don't mind not knowing for now.  But I am happy to stay on them for a while.
    • Pokemon
      See also: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/spotlight/imports/viral-shedding-level-dictates-risk-of-herpes-transmission.html  
    • Pokemon
      "We predict that transmission is unlikely at viral loads less than 104 HSV DNA copies" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006256/ The above quote suggests that transmission can take place with 10,000 copies (104).
    • vanish123
      See this article.  I would say that it is Herpes.   I have burning mouth syndrome and have to take a lot of antivirals.  Was valtrex then famicyclovir, then acyclovir.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/50455-burning-mouth-syndrome-herpes.html
    • vanish123
      Sorry to tell you, but I have the same thing.  Probably HSV 1.  It was not as bad as before, but when I kissed certain people it would get worse.  The last person I dated had HSV 1 and now I have it as burning mouth syndrome.  So here is the article.  I get tingles everywhere if I get saliva on me no matter where you kiss me.  So trigeminal area and my skin.  When the I guess initial outbreak was happening, I was getting fever and skin irritations everywhere.  Now I try to be careful not to kiss my partner  anywhere or touch my eyes etc, I do not need to spread it anywhere. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/50455-burning-mouth-syndrome-herpes.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.