World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tenderheart22

Possible to not get the itchy feeling during OB?

tenderheart22

I thought one of the common signs of herpes was the itchyness. I have never had this. Just burning, and leg pains. Do other people not get the itchyness?

bluefrog

sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. I have hsv 1 and 2, both genitally. when I have an hsv2 ob, no itching, when i have an hsv1 ob, lots of itching. go figure.

tenderheart22

How do you even know you are having an HSV 1 outbreak as compared to an HSV 2 outbreak? Do they look different? Because I know that I have HSV 1 and I suspect I might have HSV 2 as well, both genitally.

bluefrog

my hsv2 obs are the visible sores, no itching, severe back pain and leg cramps. my hsv1 obs are lots of itching, redness, swollen, no sores, less severe back pain and leg cramps. Also, the hsv1 obs last longer. UGH.

BeantownBeauty

I have hsv-1 genitally, and sometimes it itches, and sometimes I can just see the tiny cut-like sores. Usually my first cue is what I see, not necessarily any itching.

beachday

I am reading The Truth about Herpes and yes, you can have an OB without itching. Leg pain may be your prodhome symptom instead of itching.