World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
OhmyGosh

2nd outbreak...

OhmyGosh

AAAHHHH!!!! DAMN!!!! I thought I was gonna get away with being one of those with no outbreaks....I was wrong...I had been having sex with my new and wonderful boyfriend, and I was tearing everytime which sucked because we had to wait a couple of days to have sex. Now I have been under a lot of stress with school and work and new boyfriend and my period is about to start. so I think the combination of everything caused me my 2nd outbreak the first one was in Dec of 2007. SO i was lucky that it took so long. This one is not that bad It is closer to my vaginal opening and I have one sore in the middle between my anus and vagina. so all together I have like 3 small sores the first time I had like 10-20 everywhere I couldn't pee or walk or sit....oooooPainful!! I was taking 500mg of Valtrex and I have had this since Saturday so today I doubled the dosage and I'm taking 1000mg but man am i feeling dizzy should i keep taking 500 or keep taking 1000 or should I not take anything at all???? I don't know I stopped taking valtrex last month I was taking it for suppressive therapy but the side effects were not that great. Well just thought I'd share maybe get this off my mind a little bit. Anyone have any advice????:)

confusedgirl00

stick to 500

i take valtrex daily (500 mg) and when i got my second outbreak i asked my doctor about taking 1000 mg and she said NO, not a good idea and to just continue taking the 500 mg; she also suggested Lysine which helps dry the sores out for a faster recovery, it worked quite well for me

inspired83

it sucks getting ob's. I'm on my 2nd worse one (initial being the worse) but I've had smaller ones in between. I do have to say the smaller ob's aren't bad. I've heard it does get better over time.

Since you are on valtrex, do you like it? I mean does it work for you? I'm on acyclovir and take it as needed (not every day). Is valtrex expensive? I don't have insurance, yet, but want to know if it's worth going on a daily suppressive. Is it a big pill?

I take lysine maybe once a week. I had the smaller ob's when I was first diagnosed as I was majorly stressed. I hadn't had an ob for about 2 months since this current one. If you are getting dizzy by doubling the dosage then I would cut back to your normal dosage. Maybe add some dramamine (sp?), the stuff that stops you from being nauseated. It would help the dizziness.

confusedgirl00

I have had a good experience with Valtrex so far. I have been on it for about two years and have only had two major ob's including my initial ones. I sometimes get little ob's, mostly when i'm stressed out but they are usually gone within a few days. The only bad thing about the Valtrex is that yes it is extremely expensive, but if you do decide to invest in it, you can get a ten dollar coupon every month from Valtrex.com, which comes in handy.

beachday

I think Vatrex without insurance is $200, I had them look it up for me since I am about to lose mine.

OhmyGosh

Hey Guys thanks for the reply I haven't had a chance to get back on here lately. Yeah I stopped taking valtrex as suppressive therapy because it was giving me headaches and I think it made my vagina smell funny. But i did have my 2nd outbreak, which was not too bad. It hurt when i wiped and it would sting when I got pee near it but it was further back and not inside my labia like the first time so it wasn't that bad. I did start taking the 1000mg which made me dizzy the first day then my body adjusted and my outbreak was gone 3 days later. in total though it took about 2 weeks to a week in a half to heal up. I think i;m going to stay off the valtrex for now I was fine without it, and just take it when i need it. I hope i won't need it again, or at least not for a while. But again thank you for your reply's i really appreciate all your support.