World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jonneynocs

What A Mindbender...just venting!

jonneynocs

Well, had sex with this lovely girl 2 weeks ago who failed to tell me about her herpes until after we had sex! Some messed up people in this world I guess. Well, I went to the public clinic here, and explained to the doctor what had happened, and that I needed a type specific hsv test. He said ok alright, well run all the tests on you. Fast forward 6 days later, yesterday. I went back for results, waited an excruciating 2 hours, very nervous, not to mention I think I turned into an alcholic this past week. I wanted to be sure I didn't have hsv before this last fling just to know if I already had it, since reading on this website and finding out 60% of us guys have it and don't show signs (is that number true?). So anyway, the doc comes into my waiting room, and proceeds to tell me I am negative for hiv, gonnera, and a few other stds. And I am like ok...what about hsv. And she says oh, the test wasn't ordered for that! I just about pissed myself, and seriously nearly cried! So that doctor I guess ffed up, we all do. It just really sucked becasue I am really nervous about having this. They took more blood and told me I could come back monday, which is 2 working days on their clock, so thats cool. But damn, this has been a long week that got a little longer! I just wanted to know.

helied2me

It never ceases to amaze me, you go in after exposure to HSV and they test for everything but! Truly mind numbing!

Sorry about their screw-up, good luck Monday, hope things were well before this encounter at least.

Sincere25

Good luck and hopefully the results are negative. I got diagnosed about a week and a half ago with hsv2 but I have not gotten any Blisters or sores, just a wrinkly sometimes red penis since December of 2007. : (

inspired83

question for the OP since you are a male

I'm sorry that you are going through this. It is hard task waiting for the results.

One question though: I know we aren't perfect and when we meet a great person with the physical attraction there it's hard to keep our hands off each other. But why don't men ask if the girl has been tested?? In my experience, I've always asked the guy. I know it's not the most comfortable question to ask but if you did you wouldn't be in the situation that you are in right now. And yes most guys don't know if they have hsv or anything if the symptoms aren't there but since this experience are you going to ask the next person you have sex with they have ever been tested for anything??

Like I said, I am sorry that you are going through this. I do hope the results are negative for you. If they are negative, go back in about 6 months to be tested again. It never hurts to be tested more than once, right?

coloradogirl

Did you ever find out?

Did you ever find out if you are negative? Did you ever confront the girl? How did she react?

She was wrong not to tell you and put you at risk.

Eurydice

Hi Costa,

I don't want to worry you, but blood test might not show antibodies yet.

They usually do herpes test 2-3 months after infection. After this time your body already would create antibodies to fight herpes, if you got it from her. You say you had sex 2 weeks ago.

I don't even know why the doctor didn't bother to explain this to you.

Your test will probably come negative for HSV, but if you want to know for sure, wait exactly 3 months since this unfortunate sex date and get tested again.

Good luck.;)

lovebunnies

that other person is right. your blood test may show negative. thats what happend to me... and also initally... they did not test for herpes in the fleet of std tests.

the reason why is because the doctors say that the test may show negative and that they need to test from an outbreak to get accurate results..

jonneynocs
Did you ever find out if you are negative? Did you ever confront the girl? How did she react?

She was wrong not to tell you and put you at risk.

Hi, well, I was just retested last week, got the results. I tested Equivical. 1.08, which is just below the 1.1 positive. I think I am fucked. Pardon my French, but I feel horrible about this. How are you? Pete