World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
mdhp

One week later -- perspective

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

mdhp

A week ago, I found out that yes, I have hsv. I spent days crying and not eating or working. I told my best friends that I didn't want to live anymore. I told you all I was devastated. It's funny....a week later, I'm kind of okay! I still have my same friends, same job, same dog, same family etc. My OB is clearing up, and I'm working on mind over matter telling myself that I'm just FLAT not going to have another one. I believe in the power of the mind. We shall see. I'm still experiencing achy legs and stuff, but I know that it can't last forever. I told the guy I've been seeing for a few months, and he reacted surprisingly okay (so far anyway). I'm not sure if he's my forever or not, so there could definitely come a time when I have to break into the realm of telling potential partners. Undoubtedly, I will have more rough patches, maybe a future person will not want to move forward with me, something I fear greatly, or I might have another OB in spite of my best efforts to will it away. But today, I'm okay. And I think I'm going to be okay. I didn't think I would ever feel right again, but I've surprised myself a bit. Again, things could change....the guy might change his mind about me, whatever, but I'm not devastated. Life is all about perspective, isn't it? :)

MsLucy

Yes, mdhp, it really is all about perspective. Glad you're feeling so much better. Our minds are a powerful force, and once we get that power working for us, instead of against us, everything changes for the better. Keep a good thought. :)

ihadthiscoming

That is fantastic. 4 days on and Im feeling much better, and am really starting to think, this is not such a big deal and isnt going to ruin my life. This isn't the end of my dating or my sex life, Ive still got a great deal to look forward to, perhaps this might even improve things for me, and will make my choices a bit wiser! My OB is over, like you I have a bit of a lingering leg pain. I feel a thousand times better after reading this

http://www.herpes.org.uk/art_kinghorn.html

All the very best!

BeantownBeauty

Always keep your head up. It's all a cycle that may show itself a couple more times, but always find the bright side of the situation. I'm sure everyone here found out, was upset/sad/isolated, and then found this website. Then comes that good day. That wonderful, awesome, excellent day when you wake up that morning and go "Maybe this won't be that bad, I'll be okay." Then life goes on as before, but you're just a little more careful and aware.

And then you may do what I did...forget about this forum because you're busy at work or something else, which is okay. But always come back to help the people that are in the place we all found ourselves in before.

We'll all be just fine!!

tenderheart22

I think it really is a cycle of emotions and feelings. Also, I think the first time is the worst. I went through the same thing, with crying all the time, not eating, feeling like I want to die. Actually I went through it twice (long story), because the first time I was diagnosed was years ago and I never got results back or another outbreak so I thought I didn't have it, until now. I think perspective does play a role. It could ALWAYS be worse. I also think when they pain starts to go away it also makes you feel better. Because pain is not fun, and its hard to get used to things that are not normal for us.