World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
chole

Will I ever feel well?

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

chole

Month since my 1st ob.A month on medication.The first 4 or 5 sores have gone but am still left with 1 spot.Am still having night sweats,leg pains.Will I ever feel well?how long will this general tiredness last?am not totally depressed about H,am totally depressed because physically I just do not feel well,if I felt well physically I would be happy,need more time?

bluefrog

Chole,

I think you def. need more time. Your body is fighting the virus/building antibodies. Add to that the stress of accepting and dealing with this virus. It does/can take a toll on some, as it did me.

chole

thanks bluefrog,did it last weeks and weeks with you at first?

Support1

It has been a very long while since I have posted on here and I was wondering the same thing that Chole asked, "Will I ever feel well?" It seems as if I continuously feel bad. I experience fatigue, pain in my back that moves from the top to the bottom (mostly in my lower back), stomach pain, pain in my arms/legs, and pain in my head. My symptoms will go away, but will return. The pain will be in one part of my body and it will go away, but the pain will reoccur in another part of my body, so it seems as if something is always hurting. I never really had major pain in my vagina; it is mainly pain in my body parts. It does seem like it is getting better, but I am looking forward to the day when I rarely get pain in my body. It can be depressing at times. Right now, I feel really down and I am trying to look at the bright side of things. I just want to feel much better!

jaat86

Chole

Hi Chole,

Hope you're feeling better. I started taking lystine & zinc and its helped me a great deal with feeling tired & achy. I never had night sweats but I did run a low fever w/flu-like symptoms but I have to say I'm getting my energy back. I think alot of it does have to do with stress. I was so upset when I found out, couldnt eat, sleep, depressed, etc. Dont get me wrong - I'm still dealing with the depression but overall its taken me over a month. Unfortunately I still have my OB - seems like this weekend its gotten worse & I'm starting to experience the "pain" that I've read about. You are very fortunate that your sores are going away - I dont feel like mine are ever going to go away. I was on valtrx for a month. Best wishes - hope you starting feeling better soon.

chole

Thanks everyone,don't know what I would do without this site.Go insaine I think....anyway Jaat86 I have took lysine,not sure its doing much but am keeing taking it.Still got 1 damn spot,why????no pain not itchy,just want it to go.Sorry you have been depressed,its a hell of a shock thats for sure,time is the biggest healer that am sure of.I may be wrong but I think meds work better for some,and not for others.I too was on med for a month,well I have just stopped for a day because they were making more more tired and most of my sores have gone.Am sure with time your ob will go,try to stay calm,I know thats easier said than done.Try not to think about it too much,I think that is the answer to alot with H,it has got in my head too much,and it does not change anything thinking about it all the time,infact it could make it worse.Like I said I know thats easier said than done.Support1-sorry to hear your still feeling like that,when were you diagnosed?I thought all these things like fever pains went with time,I guess everyone is different,I have friend who has no trouble with it all now.Its a very fustrating time thats for sure but we will beat it one day!

chole

also wanted to ask am convincing myself I have something else,like hiv ( have been tested its clear,although I think I may have another one ),or cancer or me,am praying this is only h and not something else....its just h like someone else said,playing tricks with my mind,damn thing!

bluefrog

chole,

Yes, it was months for me with the leg cramps, butt cheeks cramps, muscle spasms and back aches. It is 15 months now that I have had hsv, and it is not as severe. The back aches are almost always constant, but the other pains are less now.