World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ihadthiscoming

Herpes - An Analogy

ihadthiscoming

Take yourself back to the time you where in preschool, remember when we all use to play catch and kiss? So there you are running around the play ground you catch and kiss Lil Jo really good! Lil Jo had a little 'ouch' on their lips and we week later you end up with the same little 'ouch'. It's no big deal, its just an ouch, its not going to stop you from playing on the swings, eat crayons or playing catch a kiss again.

So why do we beat ourselves up about having a little 'ouch', its the EXACT same condition?

In preschool we haven't learnt about stigma, we just except a little ouch for what it is, an 'ouch' that will go away. Some of us have an 'ouch' in an area that is far more fun to play with, but its the same thing.

I guess this isnt really an analogy because Im not swapping A for Z, I'm just taking us back to a time, when things where what they where minus stigma.

Its just an ouch, its not big deal!

There are kids all over the world playing catch and kiss and swapping ouchs, we'd think the world had gone nuts if children where excluded from this game, if kids where inspected before they could join in the fun, if lil Jo was expected to disclose that they had an ouch before she shared a piece of fruit with another one of their friends.

What do you guys think?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • G77
      I read an article about arganine vs lysine. The tests they get this info off were done in a test tube and not on humans. There was also another study done on mice with herpes. Mice die from herpes and when they gave the group of mice higher arganine than the 2nd group, it actually kept them alive longer than the group not given it. I was taking lysine until recently and I've noticed no difference and I eat a vegan diet which is higher in arganine. The only thing lysine seems to do is stop the itchy tingling feeling I get but then again that might be in my head like the placebo effect. 
    • G77
      When I had my first and second outbreak of genital hsv1, I had a weird thing happen with my throat.  The first time which was 2 days before the sores appeared, I woke up in the night unable to breath because my throat felt like it had closed up. The second time it happened it was the same thing but much milder. 
    • Quest
      Maybe try black seed oil 1 t? Maybe a sauna or there is a group that will help you build an infared tent. Really great for acne and it will disappear while doing it.  Hormone inbalance?
    • 35hope
      im surprise not more are trying to find the cure for it, with the amount of people that have it around the world it's the most profitable thing in medicine to cure.
    • dont quit!17
      Thats what I figured too, haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.