World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
numb1

Time to say hello

numb1

Hey everyone i have been lurking on here for quite sometime and finally decided to sign up. I have had HSV2 since July 2005. I am still having a hard time w/ my diagnosis. I still cry all the time. I can't believe that something like this happened to me. I had been married for 10yrs to a jerk and finally got out of that relationship only to hook up w/ another that gave me herpes. It took 3 different doctors to diagnose me because i had no sores even in the 1st outbreak. I was only VERY ILL. I completely stopped eating and was admitted into the hospital. After I found out what it was I have never been the same. I have a hard time even looking at old pictures of myself before herpes. I was so beautiful and had so much to offer and now all of that is lost. I have never told any of my friends or family and never will. All I do is pray for a cure so that I can move on.

mdhp

Ohhh, I'm so sorry that you are hurting so much. Have you tried going to counseling? I went for about a year when I was going through my separation/divorce, and it helped immensely. My doc was able to provide so much perspective. When you look at your old pictures, do remember that you are that same girl. You are. You still have your life, your unique personality, your, well, your youness.