World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Kya

Towels, Toliet, Cups...

Kya

Hey,

Right, seriously now... I have read in a few posts about people worrying about spreading the virus through towels, going to the toliet, drinking from the same cup and someone else....

Can this seriously happen? I was told that the virus can not live away from its 'home' on the body and therefore can NOT be transmitted via sharing towels, using the same toliet as someone else, using the bath bath/shower. If you could, then think about the amount of people that would have caught it from using public toliets for one!!

Thought it was only skin to skin contact with the infected area?? Meaning that you could only catch it by allowing parts of your own body, ie. mouth/genitals coming into physical contact with the infected part of someone elses body. ie. mouth/genitals.

I even have an NHS leaflet with me here, that says the exact same thing.

powerqu212

yes it can trust me I know first hand .If you drink from a cup of coffee with a sore it it touches the edge of the cup and they drink from it a few minutes later .This will tranmit to them and In 6 to 10 days they will breakout .The reason the heat keeps it alive same with a toilet seat if your OB touches the seat and as you sit there stays nice and warm and some one uses it right after you saying waiting outside the door for you to finish then when the sit down it leaps on thier skin find its way in and then MY interpetation what happends ONce inside it barracades itself like the movie 300 with all thoughs shields around it your body imediatley tries to kill it but they keep bouncing off thier shields as it travels down to your spine to find a place to hide then it slowly starts to send out troops to start a war on your body .It then travels up to the surface where it breaks out getting ready for the next body to enter after being there for sometime your body keeps attacting these little critters but to not luck evntually the ones that got to the top die the litttle bugger in your spine retreats meaning dosen't send out anymore troops because your immune system is up it its too rough out there so he sits and waits for the sea to calm down meaning your system is weak and tired .Then he sends out his troops again to destroy whatever is in its way to breakout and find another place to manifest, another human body .The body tries to fight off the inttruder but he is way to tough noone can stop it once it enters the body .When this first happends the body has never seen anything like before it its life and darts out to try and kill it but to no prevail.It thinks it can but it cant its just way to tough so it chases it in hiding where all is calm .And when things are quiet and your body is stressed and worn down it comes out like gang busters because it knows now is the time to send out the troops when it is weak they multiply like crazy racing to breakout of your skin to find another victim to jump on and enter thier world .So you see this war plays on constantly all through your life and they just begin to live with one another battleing and battle that will never end Its the Good versus The Evil in your body

Kya

I apoogies, but I find that a little to hard believe.

What about public swimming pools then?? If that is the case, then surely they would make us wear id badges or somthing saying... to not touch anything we have touched becasue we have herpes!!

I am working on... skin to skin contact ONLY... otherwise all my housemates have been infected then. We have one bathroom and we share it, along with we use the same shower/bath.

Would that mean I can move in with a friend just in case?!?

I was informed that the virus CANT NOT survive away from the body.

powerqu212

You think so huh!

Ok try it wipe an outbreak on the end of a coffee cup and then let it sit there for a minute .Then give it to them to drink from 'Wham garuteed infected just watch them for the first week and you will see them getting the flu like symptoms as for swimming the chlorine takes care of that,but if you dry your herpes with a towel and they come up behind you and wash thier face Wham you just infected that person .You can dabb your finger in it shake some one 's hand then in will infect that person .Don't kid yourself about spreading this is only from sex or skin to skin contact you can go around infecting people left snd right if you want to .This is very seriuos here I would not let anyone use antthing or touch anything when I have a break out .I tell my girlfiend don't touch anything that I have been using when I have an outbreak .Don't be gullable about how this spreads its a Virus give some time to live just a bit and when someone touches the article it leaps throuhg thier skin and travels quickly to the spine to hide then sends out its troops to break down the body and let the body know they have arrived .Please be careful with your roomates you don't want to spread it to them or you might have already look for signs on them .This is one nasty virus .Please keep all items away from people so we don't have to talk to them on this board and say I have know Idea how I got this herpes .There is a guy right now running around on this board trying to figure how he got this on his finger and he has no clue ,but he said his finger looks like its going to fall off and the doctor told him after a test it was Herpes he must have pick something up with it and wham jumped right on board and did its thing .This virus has got to be stopped .My idea is to go where the bugger is living and take a needle and inject that area with something to kill it but noone has ever talked about that .There got to be a way to stick a small needle in the lower back and kill this bastard where it lives set its house on fire thats my approach to this.

beachday

I would click to the right where it says spreading and preventing before you listen to the person above. I would not take a chance and share a towel or a coffee cup at this point, but I don't think the person above it totally correct either. check out the prevention section to the right on this site.

Kya

Like i said I have an NHS leaflet here which says it can not to tranfered by sharing towels etc.

Its almost like saying if someone is having an ob, then they should put on a biohazard suit and live in a bubble until it has cleared up to make sure that nothing is spread. Its totally redicules!!

Kya

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_prevention_tips.htm

Go onto that (which is a link from this site) and it says in clear english that it can not be spread by sharing towels, toliets etc.

powerqu212: Think you might be a little paranoid about spreading this. Its undertsandable, becasue you really dont want to infect someone else, nor do I if I can help it.

calculatedcha0s

Well, I'm a nursing student, and although this makes me no expert on the subject (I DID contract HSV-2, after all), I doubt it can be spread from sharing cups and toilets.

I think it's rare to spread it by sharing towels, but it might happen, since a damp towel is a perfect place for bacteria. I only worry about the towels thing after I take a shower -- I just want to make sure I don't spread it to my face or eyes. But I don't freak if someone uses my toilet. And if the towel dried out, I think it's fine. Maybe I'm off-base, though.

powerqu212

don't believe evrything you read it's just there so people don't panic and keep you calm and at bay .Just remember a little dabb will do you in ,sure it will eventually die off when on an object for a long period of time but it will fight like hell to stay alive and when another warm body touches it ,it leaps in them and travels to hide ,to start a major war on the body .Don't believe me touch your out break then shake someones hand or put it on a toilet seat this virus you can spread to people so easily its not even funny .Hell i have it on the back of my neck now and when I take a bath shower Iwear gloves then when im done I take them off and wash my hair and my face so how didit ever get to my neck I am always using purell on my hands constantly washing with soap and water and I have had this for 7 years and they say it is very unlikley you can spread this to other parts of the body after your first OB Yea right I don't know how fast this travels but its got to be lighting speed .I was sitting on the couch when I sctached my crotch that was covered by my underwear end sweats .I knew i needed to get some purellon my hands quick but i was watching a movie and stayed .Then i tuched below my eye on my cheek and and lighting fast speed I felt as if a spider ran up the side of my face .I jumped off the couch ran for the purell but it was too late now although below my eye feels sunburn for 3 days now and dosen'tlook to be any blisters my eye just feels funny but yesterday I broke out on my neck my be thats where I will breakout on this situation who knows but now I have 2 blisters back there and now im worried about it because when your sleeping the neck is on the pillow then i notice you grab the pillow and spin to put it under your head .Well you could spin it right to your face then you will have another problem all over again so I put a huge bandaid over it now when i got to sleep.Don't kidd yourself this is not easily spread it is its a virus people and one day you will see I am right, and you think I'm paranoid .No just Cautious We are so powerful with this virus we could spread it with just one touch from our finger I am am not kidding .See the thing is you can't see it or could the other person .Once peolpe relize how this virus works it will more than double over the years to come .Lets say you touch your OB then shake someones hand well now they have it on thier hand but don't know it .Then they take that hand and put it to thier lips or scratch below they have just gave the virus a perfect place to leap to and travel to the body to start thier war .This is a very evil virus it doesn't care about your crying or being upset thats what it wants you to do so it can come out and attack ,but when you are happy and full of life it goes back in to hiding .It wants you to miserable so it can come out and play .If you want to put this evil virus at bay you better have a positive attitude be happy and take care of yourself the virus does not like this and will stay away for some time ."Just something to think about "

Kya

Clearly you are very paranoid about spreading this!! Using gloves to wash yourself with?? Dont think it might be overkill?? You already have it. You sur what you have on the back of your neck isnt just very bad sunburn which has blistered?? Or a spot (pimple)??

I really am not going to worry about spreading this virus by using the same bathroom as my housemates, even when I am haing an outbreak.

Find me someone that can prove, without a doubt, that they didnt catch this virus from sex or physical, skin to skin contact with someone who had it, but instists they caught it from a toliet seat or wot ever.

Until then, im not going to be scrubbing the loo after using it with bleach to make sure I dont infect anyone that uses it after me, nor carry a bottle of it in my bag to do the same in public toliets.

I use my own towel, but thats just through personal preference and have done since I started my periods, way back when I was younger.

If this virus was THAT contagious, surely there would be a more serious heath warning! And every one who was suffering from an ob was made to wear a bio-suit and not allowed out the hosue to make sure they couldnt spread it!!

Major overkill!!!

powerqu212

IM not saying the bathtub covered with soapy water will kill it .I am saying open sores that touch a surface and someone touches right afterwards can catch this virus plain and simple .Yes Iam sure the cluster of blisters is herpes .Ijust put dymaclear on it andit stung like hell .I think you are over reactating what i said .I use gloves to wash my jewels then take them off to wash my hair and my face thats it .but it seems you wash yours with your unprotected hand then wash your face I don't know if i would do that .Just remeber with great power comes great responsiblity.