World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
powerqu212

Is it true a vaccine for HPV YES

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

powerqu212

I just seen it on tv its called gardicil maybe this will work on herpes anyone else see this I have it TIVO maybe it will work on Herpes who knows .I getting my shot a little pricey 330.00 dollars a shot

confusedgirl00

I have had this shot; my doc said it has no effects on herpes

catiesmom

And it doesn't protect against all strains of HPV.

confusedgirl00

nope only against 4 of the strains. I believe it is 3 that can cause cervical cancer and 1 that can cause genital warts. I'm not sure if those are the exact numbers as i got this shot a few years ago, but i know it is something along those lines.

regret

i had my daughter get those shots, some insurances are starting to pay for them , i would check

dnd3d
I just seen it on tv its called gardicil maybe this will work on herpes anyone else see this I have it TIVO maybe it will work on Herpes who knows .I getting my shot a little pricey 330.00 dollars a shot

Why would it work for herpes? HPV is completely different than HSV. Although, if it prevents getting HPV all together, it's a worthy investment.

dnd3d
GARDASIL may not fully protect everyone, and does not prevent all types of cervical cancer, so it’s important to continue routine cervical cancer screenings. GARDASIL will not protect against diseases caused by other HPV types or against diseases not caused by HPV.

The side effects include pain, swelling, itching, and redness at the injection

It also said on their site that Gardasil is for females aged 9 to 26.

confusedgirl00

it is for sure a good investment! i would reccommend it to anyone that meets the requirements! very worth it!

catiesmom

Did you guys see on the news where there are over 800 (or 8000?) cases of side effects, ranging from death to seizures, etc? There are already 2 lawsuits against Gardisil.

Miss.Anthropy

I haven't seen anything about a lawsuit, but I have had 2 of 3 of the shots with absolutely no side effects. I don't usually react to medication of any kind though, so maybe you'd want to be careful if you are sensitive to medications.

The way it works is that you have your first shot, then you have one 2 months later and then one 6 months after that.