World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
BDL84

Hey,im new

BDL84

Hi,i just wanted to introduce myself since im new ive been infected with Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV-1) since i was a kid an remember having other kids make fun of me when id have an outbreak an it really hurt me. I just found out recently i might of been infected with Herpes Simplex 2 (HSV-2) from my Daughter's Father. He has recently developed sores an the Doc. says it looks like Herpes but cant confirm till the Test results come back next week so will see then but his symptoms sound like Herpes. I have not had genital symptoms that im aware of at this point but ive heard not everyone develops symptoms so will see. Im going for a Blood Test next week to see if ive been infected so i should find out in the upcoming weeks. I have tried one other Forum on Herpes but didn't get enough response from others so im hoping to get all the feedback i can here an i will try to help any of you as well as i can. Its really nice to meet you all :)

jaat86

Welcome....

I was recently diagnosed with HSV2 myself - trying very hard to deal with it and the aftermath but you will find alot of supportive & encouraging people on this site. I went to a couple site when I first found out but never got any responses either (how encouraging -lol) I hope all works out for you & hopefully you wont have it. If you do, then this is a good site to connect with others & get information. Best wishes.

ginnyp

Hi BDL84,

since you have hsv1 orally and your daughter's father has sores on him genitally, it is also possible that he could have hsv1 genitally, it's also possible he could have gotten it from you via oral sex. if you were shedding your hsv1 orally and gave him oral, he could have been infected that way. At any time in your relationship. The occurrences of HSV1 genitally are growing. So you might not have to worry about having been infected with type 2, if he has type 1 it's most likely the same strain as yours and you shouldn't have much to worry about.