World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
BDL84

Could this have been my First Outbreak symptom?

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

BDL84

I was first with my Daughter's Father almost 3 months ago an it was the first time we had been together in months. I recently found out from him going to the Doc. for bumps on his genitals that he might have HSV-2 the last time i was with him was 2 weeks ago an he had nothing on him then that i noticed. Well ive been doing alot of thinking the past 3-4 days an i remember almost 3 months ago when i was giving him Oral Sex feeling bumps on his genitals at the time i just thought it was some type of rash from maybe some allergic reaction he was having to something. I assumed since he didn't seem to be in any pain that it wasn't anything serious im not even sure if he knew they were even there an i didn't wanna say anything that might embarrass him. Now i know i should've stopped an said something an made him use a condom or something but i really didn't think it was anything serious at the time. Well as far as i know i haven't had any symptoms in the genital area at all that are out of the ordinary. I remember almost 3 months ago a day or two after i was with him when he had those bumps getting what i thought at the time to be a really bad Stomach Flu. I had really bad stomach pains that started in the middle of the night an i could not for the life of me get to sleep an as embarrassing as this is to say i developed Diareah but it was just a little at a time. That same night i had gotten the chills an the next morning i got a really bad headache along with really bad nausea i ended up throwing up only once but the nausea stayed with me all day. I ended up getting what i believe wasn't a very high fever maybe 100 or so if i had to guess an the next day i woke up with the WORST back ache of my life i assumed it was from laying on the couch all day the day before. The nausea an fever an chills were gone but i still had the headache but it wasn't as bad i only had one Diareah incident an my stomach was very sore not like a sharp pain but a dull sore pain. I was still weak an only got a little stronger as everyday past i didn't feel normal again until about a week after it started. I had some dizziness an light headedness along with the headache till the headache was finally gone it was a really bad headache my back only hurt for a couple days the first day the back pain started being the worst. I remember asking everyone i had been around if they had recently been sick no one had an no one ended up getting sick. I remember him saying that he had what he thought was food poisoning about a week or so before he had those first bumps. I asked him if this recent bumps he had developed was the first he said yes but i remember him having bumps almost 3 months ago so im wondering if he even knew he had them then. What im wanting to know is could that Flu that i thought i had be from me being infected with HSV-2 or not? cuz i keep reading Flu-like symptoms people usually get within the first seven days after being infected then the sores usually appear but i never had sores. An could the sores he had then not be as bad as the sores he's having now an thats why he might not of noticed them then? please let me know your experiences with Flu-like symptoms when you first got infected so i can compare. Id greatly appreciate any feedback thank you.

Support1

Yes, I had flu-like symptoms as well as terrible pain in my lower back, groin, stomach, and head. I have also felt light-headed. It is very strange some of the symptoms you experience with HSV. I would have never attributed the symptoms to HSV because the main thing that doctors and pamphlets say about HSV is that you will have blisters or sores. Basically, I have had maybe one or two sores (not the ones described by doctors and pamphlets), but I have had pain in my body parts that is oftentimes not alleviated by Tylenol, Advil, etc. I do notice when I have taken an antiviral, the pain goes away. I hope this information was helpful.

rocky1313

i had flu-like symptoms pretty bad along with sores. i thought i had a terrible yeast infection so i was really shocked to find it was 'h'...

maybe you should get tested just to be sure. if it comes back negative you may want to test again in a few months time; it takes a while for your body to produce antibodies that will show up on the blood test.