World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
confusedgirl00

new & ready to talk

confusedgirl00

My name is Heather & I am 17 years old. I was diagnosed with genital herpes almost 2 years ago at the age of 16. I was dating a boy for about 8 months before we decided to have sex; I was still a virgin and he insisted that he had been checked recently. When i woke up the next couple days in terrible pain I had no choice but to confide in my mother and go to the doctor; I was horrified when the test results for genital herpes came back positive. I have never dated another guy since him and am very nervous to even be in a relationship with anybody because i would never want to be in a situation where i put someone else is danger. I cry often and become very depressed about my situation. I have never told anyone because being so young people may classify me as a "slut" or think that i had been sleeping around when really i just put myself in a bad situation and made a very big mistake by trusting this boy who supposedly cared for me. I am ready to get my story out there and let people be aware that this is real and it can happen to anybody.

pleasehelp123

Hi confusedgirl,

I totally see where your coming from, im 18 and i found out about this a month ago, ive not had many sexual partners and im in a relationship at the moment of 8 months, my partner has never had an outbreak and neither of us have had the blood tests i all i know is i have had an outbreak and been diagosed by a doctor and i told him staight away. Like you i often cry and become depressed, also i confined in my mum too as i woke up one day in EXTREMME pain and i didnt think it was an STD so i told my mum. also i havnt told anyone other than my bf and my mum aswell, like you i am very scared of people my age knowing because they will all automatically be like errr slut shes got an STD. but the thing people dont realise is this is so easy to get, many people have this and dont even realise they have it!! i totally see where your coming from, also remeber that boy may have not known he had herpes, just like many people dont so it might not be his fault enterially as i was tesed a few months ago and it came back "clean" as they dotn test for herpes. but infact i did have it even when i was tested so he may not be lying

regret

life isnt over

i undertand what your going through and i can only imagine how hsrd it would be if i was your age, i now kids can be cruel in high school, but i woudnt let that stop you from dating by any means, youodnt have to have sex with anyone..and the more you date and dont put out(per say) the more guys will respect you as an individual and the right guy may come around,,i know its tough because at your age no one knows what they want yet in life and many are experimneting..dont feel you have to do any of that..as you get older it will become easier for you..you need to wait til the others mature and grow up .. life isnt over for you, have anormal teenage life, hang out with your friends, and hey maybe you can lead others to remain celibant ??? this whole deal will make you wise beyond your years and it makes one more sympathetic to others... you will graduate and go to college and you will find more with the same issues, please do not think of yourself as dirty..that is so untrue, this happens to many, and it doesnt mean anyhting it doesnt define who you are as person. i love this saying..dontlet your past define who you are,but use your past to become the person youwant to be...we all learn from ife experiences..some good some bad, but we usually become better for it..this will only be one curve in your life that you must face thier will be many others to come, but dontlet it stop you from livng your life and enjoying your teenage years..you just have to be more careful is all, there is a wonderful guy out there waiting for you somewhere..he may just be waiting until you are ready....

pleasehelp123

hi regret,

i read your post and it has helped me to see things a little differently. i am luky enough to have a loving boyfriend who is totally fine about the whole thing, i belive this is only because we fell in love and have been together a long time. i belive that if i was going into a new relationship and told a guy this he wud run away straight away. I know it is kind of a minor thing, a few spots now and again or may be not even at all for some people. but like most of us know this effects us mentally more than physically. i really dont know what i can do to stop thinking about it. nothing really ever distracts me from it, im always thinking about it and i really hate that :(

confusedgirl00

thank you so much. these replies have really helped.