World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pleasehelp123

spot or herpes?

pleasehelp123

ive never really thought of this untill now, but i thought i would ask for your opinions. i was diagnosed with genital herpes a month ago now, im in a long term relationship and my bf noes about it, so thats one problem sorted. however ive had a spot on my lip now for literaly years, its not very noticable and it has a white head from time to time and when i squeeze it pus comes out like a normal spot. its not painful and i cant even feel it, when i have make up on its not even noticable. however i was reading on here that someone has pimples around there lips from time to time and thoght they were just normal spots but the doc said they were herpes. what do you think? it doesnt go away and come back like herpes it stays there and if i push my lip out i can see yellow puss inside it but u cant see the puss unless i push my lip out with my tounge. it has never really bothered me no1 has ever commented it on it and ive kissed my bf and other people before my bf when this spot was there and none ov them have ever got it on there lips,also ive given my bf oral sex and previous partners and they have had no problems with genital herpes. soo i really dont know :???:

GodIsMerciful

I think that I may be going thorugh that now. I've noticed a few bumps/scars on my lips as well, and one is similar to the one you described although I never attempt to pop it. I asked a doctor about it and he said sometimes there is just tissue scarring, but I'm going to seek a second opinion and see how I can get these removed, because it bothers me. I don't want to be unsure about what's going on with my lips, so I will check with someone else and let you know.

pleasehelp123

godismerciful,

yeh i belive that mine may be scare tissue, when i was around 14/15 i used to get quite alot of spots and i would pop them. i had one inbetween my nose and my lip before and i popped it and ther is a slight scar there that looks like a little hole its been there for about 4 years now, you can only see it if u were close enough to my face to kiss me, but i often get red marks and things that look like litte scars around my lips. i dont think thesew are coldsores and they dont really bother me because like i said you can only slightly see them when i have no make up on. but i was a just wondering because i found it a bit strange, i was thinking of maybe puttin zivorx on it to see if it went away with that.