Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
La Femme

Herpes inside cervix or vagina???

4 posts in this topic

I am freaking out here. I have been doing some reading and I learned that herpes can also reside inside the vagina.

Since most people dont really see legions inside, how can you tell if you are having an internal outbreak? I have been seeing some think discharge, sometimes coming out like a little ball of mucous (sorry for the graphics) or even it comes out with a tint of blood.

Now I did a finger test to make sure everything was ok up in there and I saw a little bit of blood on my finger tip. I guess I also felt my cervix, but it didn't feel smooth (again sorry for the graphic description) kinda rough in the middle.

Of course now I am afraid that maybe my OB's are inside. I am feeling really paranoid now ya'll and not sure what to think.

No I haven't had any pain and my period was over like 2.5 weeks ago. So I am thinking not due for another 2 weeks or so.

HELLLPPP PLEASE!!!!

I am freaking out here. I have been doing some reading and I learned that herpes can also reside inside the vagina.

Since most people dont really see legions inside, how can you tell if you are having an internal outbreak? I have been seeing some think discharge, sometimes coming out like a little ball of mucous (sorry for the graphics) or even it comes out with a tint of blood.

Now I did a finger test to make sure everything was ok up in there and I saw a little bit of blood on my finger tip. I guess I also felt my cervix, but it didn't feel smooth (again sorry for the graphic description) kinda rough in the middle.

Of course now I am afraid that maybe my OB's are inside. I am feeling really paranoid now ya'll and not sure what to think.

No I haven't had any pain and my period was over like 2.5 weeks ago. So I am thinking not due for another 2 weeks or so.

HELLLPPP PLEASE!!!!

La Femme, don't panic. It might be just your ovulation time. It comes sometimes with a bit of blood. And not everything is supposed to be smooth in there. That is why men are talking often about grinding?

I don't know exactly were you felt rough, if it was inside your vagina, it's OK. Just to be on safe side, I would go to see your gynecologist.

If there is lots of mucus and looks like cottage cheese or smells weird, might be either yeast or bacterial infection. These are easy to treat and I read, they like to come after OBs, as if OB wasn't enough.

I myself have some thoughts about yeast infection. Just finished second outbreak. I have to admit H is a real pain in the ass.

Take it easy, everything will be fine anyway. It's not lethal, it's just very, very,VERY:twisted: annoying.

Morning Eury,

Thanks for your response. My discharge has no smell. If I had to compare it to something.. I would say - - it looks a little like bugars (but without the greenish hue to it). This is definately not Y.I type of discharge.

Man that sounds gross...EWWWWWW!! LOL

I still haven't identified what my OB's are like. I dunno if its inside outside and mostly alot of people's discription of sore doesn't match what I see. Just trying to figure it all out

If you've got something like that going on, what are the chances this is NOT attributable to HSV? You may have HSV too, but what are the chances you've got something else going on and your doctor stopped at HSV and said "well, that must be it"? I second going to your doctor.

BTW, very few people have outbreaks inside their vagina. For some reason it isn't a common location. But my guess is a tampon would tell you REAL quick...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• dont quit!
      Then keep on waiting while everyone else will get their symptoms under control and confidence back. Fuck the FDA.
    • Maybe1day
      I sure hope so, man. Seems like there are several avenues for success, and of course I'm rooting for them. I have high hopes for Cullen/crispr, and like you said Halford's theravax could make the wait for a cure that much more bearable.
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      Problem with animal models is they can show great results and then fail in humans and visa versa, thus never judge the work just yet before it's tested in humans and under the right circumstances. In this regard FHCRC's attempt at targeting the genes during latency didn't go over so well, whereas it must be open more during replication like CRISPR. In this animal model it does not replicate, hence they will either try to repeat this in a guinea pig or try a different target.  It's not just Jerome, he's in charge but Martine Aubert did most of the grunt work.   
    • asymptomatic1993
      While I did have an IgM test, which came out negative (and I know is complete bullshit), I also had an IgG test with differentiation between HSV-1 and HSV-2. I only tested positive for the HSV-2 antibodies, with a response of 15.5, which is pretty conclusively positive. I still don't know if I have genital or oral HSV-2, which is concerning, but I'm going to go on antivirals this week as a form of suppressive therapy. And my boyfriend was totally fine with my diagnosis! My ex was, too. Everyone I've told has been so supportive, which has really helped. I think, though, that the reason that they have been so supportive and accepting is because of how confident I was in my ability to not let this disease control me, and most of that confidence I received from here and from various articles I've read online trying to correct the social stigma and misinformation about this relatively harmless disease. I really want to help with outreach to the community now. Does anyone know of any charities or volunteer efforts going on in the metro NYC area that I could join or help out with?
    • Shy_sarah
      Hi, I have recently found out I have type 2 herpes. I am in love with my partner, we have been together nearly a year...I have no idea how or when I contracted. I do not know how to tell him I have herpes because I seen his reaction to finding out a mutual friend had herpes and he was disgusted. Im so confused and afraid of losing him.
    • Lucy levy
      I had just a tiny bit of irritation in my woman parts.  Kind of like the very beginning of a yeast infection.  Then it went completely away and then it came back a few days later. During that time I had body aches and swollen lymph glands.  One day I felt irritation from the lace in my underwear and went to the bathroom and saw like raised bumps.  I put a cool washcloth and within a short time completely gone.  It has been 2 and 1/2 weeks and no blisters.  I feel completely fine lymph nodes back to normal. Tested negative to every single std including UTI and bacterial infection but to my horror positive to hsv2.  Have you ever heard of something like this?  I am so incredibly sad.   I was attacked, raped and stabbed 5 years ago and I finally felt I was getting my life together after suffering from severe PTSD.  I feel like my world is slipping away once again.  My guy helped me back into the world once more, but I don't know if we can survive this.  He deserves better.  I am afraid of taking daily suppression because after being stabbed I had to have most of my stomach removed due to infection.  I am afraid of damaging what's left. Sorry to unburden myself, but I feel so overwhelmed and ashamed.  
    • dont quit!
      If Cullen doesn't succeed then it's all about Halford. But we can't underestimate Cullen, he is going to push research to a whole different level imho. Also Halford has been pretty optimistic of his trials going on. So if we are lucky may not even need Crispr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @asymptomatic1993 always be wary of annual checkup tests, they are usually IgM tests, is this what you had?
    • WilsoInAus
      I think you can conclude that whatever is happening orally isn't related to herpes.
    • Prettypony
      That's what I thought, so why am I having an oral outbreak almost 3 months after my first initial genital outbreak? It is what it is, whatever it is. I guess time will tell. Thank you everyone
  • Featured