Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
La Femme

Herpes inside cervix or vagina???

4 posts in this topic

I am freaking out here. I have been doing some reading and I learned that herpes can also reside inside the vagina.

Since most people dont really see legions inside, how can you tell if you are having an internal outbreak? I have been seeing some think discharge, sometimes coming out like a little ball of mucous (sorry for the graphics) or even it comes out with a tint of blood.

Now I did a finger test to make sure everything was ok up in there and I saw a little bit of blood on my finger tip. I guess I also felt my cervix, but it didn't feel smooth (again sorry for the graphic description) kinda rough in the middle.

Of course now I am afraid that maybe my OB's are inside. I am feeling really paranoid now ya'll and not sure what to think.

No I haven't had any pain and my period was over like 2.5 weeks ago. So I am thinking not due for another 2 weeks or so.

HELLLPPP PLEASE!!!!

I am freaking out here. I have been doing some reading and I learned that herpes can also reside inside the vagina.

Since most people dont really see legions inside, how can you tell if you are having an internal outbreak? I have been seeing some think discharge, sometimes coming out like a little ball of mucous (sorry for the graphics) or even it comes out with a tint of blood.

Now I did a finger test to make sure everything was ok up in there and I saw a little bit of blood on my finger tip. I guess I also felt my cervix, but it didn't feel smooth (again sorry for the graphic description) kinda rough in the middle.

Of course now I am afraid that maybe my OB's are inside. I am feeling really paranoid now ya'll and not sure what to think.

No I haven't had any pain and my period was over like 2.5 weeks ago. So I am thinking not due for another 2 weeks or so.

HELLLPPP PLEASE!!!!

La Femme, don't panic. It might be just your ovulation time. It comes sometimes with a bit of blood. And not everything is supposed to be smooth in there. That is why men are talking often about grinding?

I don't know exactly were you felt rough, if it was inside your vagina, it's OK. Just to be on safe side, I would go to see your gynecologist.

If there is lots of mucus and looks like cottage cheese or smells weird, might be either yeast or bacterial infection. These are easy to treat and I read, they like to come after OBs, as if OB wasn't enough.

I myself have some thoughts about yeast infection. Just finished second outbreak. I have to admit H is a real pain in the ass.

Take it easy, everything will be fine anyway. It's not lethal, it's just very, very,VERY:twisted: annoying.

Morning Eury,

Thanks for your response. My discharge has no smell. If I had to compare it to something.. I would say - - it looks a little like bugars (but without the greenish hue to it). This is definately not Y.I type of discharge.

Man that sounds gross...EWWWWWW!! LOL

I still haven't identified what my OB's are like. I dunno if its inside outside and mostly alot of people's discription of sore doesn't match what I see. Just trying to figure it all out

If you've got something like that going on, what are the chances this is NOT attributable to HSV? You may have HSV too, but what are the chances you've got something else going on and your doctor stopped at HSV and said "well, that must be it"? I second going to your doctor.

BTW, very few people have outbreaks inside their vagina. For some reason it isn't a common location. But my guess is a tampon would tell you REAL quick...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• YammyTea
      Sammie you have to forgive yourself. The lack of forgiveness can lead you down a very dark path. I'm tiring to get away from that place. Lean on your faith.
    • YammyTea
      Thanks for sharing BeachGuy. Today is my day of deliverance from the shame, guilt, depression, and anxiety. I will pray and take it day by day. Your story of running through the storm, is exactly what I will do. Through the heavy rains and lightening, I will continue to run because rain does eventually stop. Again, thanks.
    • Sammie27
      Ok I'm ready to be honest about how I got infected but please don't judge. I'm married. Have been sive 2011. I love my husband but never fully got ivee my ex. We had an encounter back in May. I was diagnosed with HSV 2 in August. My husband has never experienced symptoms and I never did until after my diagnosis. My symptoms are still fairly mild. Thank God. Here's my dilemma or several anyway. My ex said he doesn't have it. Promised me he'd get tested.  He's saying bith an IGM and IGG text came back negative. He hasn't shown me the actual report so not sute if I believe him or even that he took the test. I'm still living with the regret of my decision to be with tge ex. My husband is supportive and knows about my H but doesn't know all the info. He's decided to get tested this week too i don't want to pass this on to him if I can help it. We had sex for the first time since my diagnosis and all I did was cry from worry after. We used a condom and he didn't perform oral like he enjoys. I'm so ashamed that i complicated our marriage even more by allowing H to join our marriage. It sure puts a damper on being free in the heated moment. Now we have to be so cautious. Takes the fun out of it all. Sucks. Thanks for letting me vent. 
    • WilsoInAus
      This is very unlikely to be genital herpes of either type. Many things can cause a blister like lesion such as yeast and staph. It is possible you have an oral HSV-1 infection (despite testing negative) and this would mean you do not have genital HSV-1 owing to the immunity. It is also possible that you have actually experience bacterial issues or similar that have appeared like cold sores.
    • WilsoInAus
      No need for any special practices. Simply best not to touch an active sore or let them touch another person. No need for too much special concern cleaning your face, but might give you confidence to use cotton balls to wipe your face apart from the cold sore. Owing to your immune system you have virtually no chance of being infected elsewhere on your body.
    • Voyager2
      The 75mg daily dose of the original pritelivir led to an 87% reduction in the relative risk of viral shedding, which would likely curb the spread of HSV, especially if combined with Acyclovir. The reason they put the program on hold was because they gave monkeys 70 TIMES this daily dosage and the monkeys had skin problems. But who is going to take 70 times the normal amount? If they are now continuing with pritelivir development, they should at least mention that the "snag" was reconciled. Why keep everybody in the dark?  If not interrupted, we could have used Pritelivir for a few years, then switched to a more advanced therapeutic vaccine or drug in a few more years. Maybe this story will have a happy ending after all.
    • Lisajd
      It's great to see other people with positive attitudes and im very similar in that i learned years ago to be grateful for what i have because there are worth of people in the world and me and when i was diagnosed the year ago i pretty much accepted it because of those thoughts.  Of course my biggest fear was that no one would want me but that's proven to be completely untrue but I've also found that being fortunate enough to have no outbreaks has made a real difference as well. Unfortunately there are some people who have constant symptoms and really struggle with this mentally and it's a shame because as you said herpes really doesn't change your life but your mindset does if you let it
    • Lisajd
      It could be either.  Generally symptoms are tingling and itching.  Friction can cause an outbreak though.   If you are in your first year you will shed more but it also depends on how often you have outbreaks as to how much you shed as well and if you are on anti virals you shed less   It's funny it reminds me of a time when I had sex with my boyfriend and I felt this really hot burning sensation but it was because he was eating chili during the day and must have got under his finger nails.  
    • Lisajd
      It's actually interesting the whole lysine vs arginine thing because even Terri Warren said there is no valid evidence that a diet high in lysine and low in arginine makes a difference.  She said  it's more about some things trigger outbreaks more than they do others in different people.  I also read that lysine is not very effective with HSV 2.  @Shocked&Confused it really is a trial and error situation I know for me that eating nuts on a daily basis have not been a problem I think a lot of things are in moderation as well but I would suggest just keeping normal diet and if you have an outbreak assess what you had it in prayer and you will know what your triggers are at least while you're developing antibodies in the first year it might be a different story with your diet.    
    • Lisajd
      Also if you are on antivirals lysine isn't going to make any difference and even with HSV 2 the jury is out on whether it's effective anyway so you might be wasting your money on that one.  Definitely the stress is going to be a contributor so perhaps you can find some natural supplements to help you manage that better.  Is there anything else going on in your life as in hormonal changes are you getting your periods all the time as well
  • Featured