Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afgirl

Using a needle to pop a cold sore?

3 posts in this topic

I have a whammy of a cold sore right now, on my bottom lip from top to bottom. It started scabbing today with the help of constantly drying it out by using domeboro solution and rubbing alcohol alternately.

However, around the scabs it looks slightly raised and swollen. I can't tell if it a wide blister around the scabs (doesn't appear so), or if it's just swollen due to the scabbing?

Anyway, is it a good idea to take a clean needle and try to let some fluid out? Will it make it worse? Will it help to heal it faster? Please help. I don't to spend my weekend locked inside my bedroom :(

I have a whammy of a cold sore right now, on my bottom lip from top to bottom. It started scabbing today with the help of constantly drying it out by using domeboro solution and rubbing alcohol alternately.

However, around the scabs it looks slightly raised and swollen. I can't tell if it a wide blister around the scabs (doesn't appear so), or if it's just swollen due to the scabbing?

Anyway, is it a good idea to take a clean needle and try to let some fluid out? Will it make it worse? Will it help to heal it faster? Please help. I don't to spend my weekend locked inside my bedroom :(

Hi afgirl,

I don't get cold sores, but I know you cannot touch them or use a needle on it.

You might spread it all over. Don't over dry your lips, instead of alcohol use vaseline or the best oil of oregano, which is killing the bacteria and stops virus from multiplying:

" Originally Posted by coalminer View Post

This really worked for me: Oil of Oregano is excellent and really works. Best source I’ve found is: http://www.bio-alternatives.net For the sore that first appears, use Dynamiclear if you can, let it dry for and hour or so, then start “Purell with Aloe” and apply it often. If alone, use Oil of Oregano on the area (it smells). For genital herpes apply it from the tail bone and up to your waist on the spine. Use Oil of Oregano 3 times daily under tongue (4+ drops) and apply on spine from tail bone to as high as waist at night before bed for 30 days or more. Some claim this has cured them (or permanently stopped outbreaks). It seems to have cured me. For oral herpes you can also apply it on spine at back of neck and down to shoulder blades. Oil of Oregano kills the virus."

Good luck.;)

Whats the devise? and just because you don't have symptoms anymore doesn't mean you don't have it anymore and can't pass it on to others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Peeved
      I read that they recently completed a trial where they used patches on the skin instead of oral tablets. This was probably their way of getting around the issue that stopped their last trial. Hopefully it can be just as effective and get past the FDA
    • Felina88
      Can anyone break these down into laymens for us simple-folk?
    • WilsoInAus
      That has never been demonstrated except self reporting. That's simply what people need to know. Still it is good that you have backed off that herpes causes nerve damage as a justification for taking SJW. People also need to be aware that the FDA has not approved SJW as a potential treatment for anything. This is just a fact for people to consider. In fact the medical authorities actively promote the following: St. John’s wort is known to affect how the body uses and breaks down a number of drugs and can cause serious side effects. Serotonin is a brain chemical targeted by antidepressants. Combining St. John’s wort and certain antidepressants can lead to a potentially life-threatening increase in serotonin levels—a condition called serotonin syndrome. Symptoms range from tremor and diarrhea to very dangerous confusion, muscle stiffness, drop in body temperature, and even death.
      Psychosis is a rare but possible side effect of taking St. John’s wort, particularly in people who have or are at risk for mental health disorders, including bipolar disorder.
      Taking St. John’s wort can weaken many prescription medicines, such as:
      Antidepressants
      Birth control pills
      Cyclosporine, which prevents the body from rejecting transplanted organs
      Digoxin, a heart medication
      Some HIV drugs including indinavir
      Some cancer medications including irinotecan
      Acyclovir, a medication for herpes
      Warfarin and similar medications used to thin the blood. All important information for our readers.
    • WilsoInAus
      There really isn't any such thing as a silent HSV-1 primary infection in adult. It will appear with some clarity about 2-7 days after infection.
    • crookbristi
      I don't think it suppressed anything. Just masked it all. Because I didn't have a lesion or anything, there was no other thought as to it being anything but an infection. 
    • Felina88
      Antibiotics can suppress viral infections?
    • brookeb300
      So does anyone know if herpes is in integrated into the host's cells genome or if there are just virus particles in the nerve ganglia and some of them stay there so that it never is completely eliminated.  This hasn't completely been figured out yet?  That's scary.  I guess the whole latency thing needs to be figured out more.  Maybe they will know what's going on better with CRISPR?
    • brookeb300
      Has anyone actually tried sprironactolone for any lenghth of time or anything?  I was going to try to get it at the dermatologist.  I was just wondering bc I feel like it might be possible to get a prescription for it.
    • 7ithium
      Is it a cluster of tingly blisters that feel like tiny aliens moving around? Sometimes you feel it, sometimes you don't?  If it looks the same after a few days it's likely not herpes!
    • 7ithium
      My first one was pretty much the same as yours but as the years go on they've seemed to decrease pain and blister-wise!
  • Featured