Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afgirl

Using a needle to pop a cold sore?

3 posts in this topic

I have a whammy of a cold sore right now, on my bottom lip from top to bottom. It started scabbing today with the help of constantly drying it out by using domeboro solution and rubbing alcohol alternately.

However, around the scabs it looks slightly raised and swollen. I can't tell if it a wide blister around the scabs (doesn't appear so), or if it's just swollen due to the scabbing?

Anyway, is it a good idea to take a clean needle and try to let some fluid out? Will it make it worse? Will it help to heal it faster? Please help. I don't to spend my weekend locked inside my bedroom :(

I have a whammy of a cold sore right now, on my bottom lip from top to bottom. It started scabbing today with the help of constantly drying it out by using domeboro solution and rubbing alcohol alternately.

However, around the scabs it looks slightly raised and swollen. I can't tell if it a wide blister around the scabs (doesn't appear so), or if it's just swollen due to the scabbing?

Anyway, is it a good idea to take a clean needle and try to let some fluid out? Will it make it worse? Will it help to heal it faster? Please help. I don't to spend my weekend locked inside my bedroom :(

Hi afgirl,

I don't get cold sores, but I know you cannot touch them or use a needle on it.

You might spread it all over. Don't over dry your lips, instead of alcohol use vaseline or the best oil of oregano, which is killing the bacteria and stops virus from multiplying:

" Originally Posted by coalminer View Post

This really worked for me: Oil of Oregano is excellent and really works. Best source I’ve found is: http://www.bio-alternatives.net For the sore that first appears, use Dynamiclear if you can, let it dry for and hour or so, then start “Purell with Aloe” and apply it often. If alone, use Oil of Oregano on the area (it smells). For genital herpes apply it from the tail bone and up to your waist on the spine. Use Oil of Oregano 3 times daily under tongue (4+ drops) and apply on spine from tail bone to as high as waist at night before bed for 30 days or more. Some claim this has cured them (or permanently stopped outbreaks). It seems to have cured me. For oral herpes you can also apply it on spine at back of neck and down to shoulder blades. Oil of Oregano kills the virus."

Good luck.;)

Whats the devise? and just because you don't have symptoms anymore doesn't mean you don't have it anymore and can't pass it on to others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• LillianPanos
      No guarantee but I would try it. I would think as long as it isn't slippery and condoms co mes off.
    • LillianPanos
      My nerve paIn came jus aftEr I Was diagnosed IT lasted @ least 2 - 3 mos finaLly gone. Best remedy was exercise I would not let IT take over my life.
    • Hester
      OK you wise herpes gurus on here, I had this thought and I want your "expert" opinions. I'm OBSESSED with the fear of transmitting. I know not to have sex during OB. I plan on ALWAYS using condoms and I am on daily Valtrex. I know there is still a 2% chance of spreading. I want to decrease the odds even more.  So... I thought about this skin barrier spray. If I spray it over the boxer short area before sex, I'll wonder if it would keep asymptomatic shedding virus to myself and away from my partner.  Thoughts???   http://www.hightidehealth.com/cutimed-protect-spray-28ml.html
    • Sammie27
      Also the ex who I think infected me said his blood tests came back negative. Not sure if I really believe  him.
    • Sammie27
      What really is bothersome at this point is the fact that while I was on my period my symptoms went away for the most part and now they are back.
    • Sammie27
      Well luckily I'm married and not on the dating scene but yes I understand I can't change it. It is what it is. Still very new to me. All of it
    • gonnakillher
      What is the difference between Herpes IGG and Herpes Immuniblot tests? Any difference in accuracy? I've had both come back negative at 10 & 16 weeks respectively but had/having all symptoms and keep reading about people that test negative through blood but positive swab even years later......?
    • Terrell
      Yes I was very transparent that I was in a relationship he stated suppressive therapy would be the route.
    • gonnakillher
      We agree there is an overblown stigma because ignorant people think herpes is only derived from promiscuity. But stigma doesn't make the symptoms and likelihood of transmission disappear. No matter what, you're faced with telling someone you want to be with that the most intimate part of your relationship will be extremely risky and they may end up dealing with the terrible pains also. Please, be a little more realistic about it instead of lying to yourself and pretending that squashing the stigma would cure the disease and solve all the problems w/dating. I think there is nothing wrong with preparing to deal with it ahead of time. You prepare yourself for everything else in life, don't you? In this case, if you turn up positive then you're more prepared to handle it. If you're negative then you just won the lottery. Don't deny the facts in order to cater to your emotions...you're kicking the can and it will only make things more difficult later. As far as not being diagnosed yet, some of us are dealing with poorly educated doctors who rely on outdated information to make their decisions. So we're left with diagnosing ourselves and struggling to find help. I don't think I need an official diagnosis to know that herpes antiviral medication relieving me of herpes symptoms after sex with someone who knowingly had herpes, means I have herpes. Denying that would be stupid. And even though these posts may offend others who are still sensitive about it, they help me cope knowing others share the same feelings and situations. Anyway, my goal either way would be to always remember the pain it put me through, to count my blessings and be more grateful for things, more responsible, and more compassionate toward others dealing with any illness/depression. Suffering is constructive in many ways. It just takes time to realize it.  @SomethingsUp have you read any of the success stories? Might help. 
    • LucyLevi
      Hi G Don't worry there is help on here and lots of people who you can talk to and the chat room is always a good place to ask for support. I'm afraid I don't know much about PCR blood tests. Perhaps it's because I am in the UK and we tend to use igG testing. I can understand your frustration but there will be an answer to this and getting a blood test will help shed some light. Take care Lucy 
  • Featured