Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mb230

Scars on penis

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and would like to thank everyone in advance for your help. I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with genital herpes about 5 months ago. I noticed two small blisters on my penis which would scab over for a couple weeks and eventually went away. The whole time, I never scratched or picked at it and actually applied Neosporin everyday. Now its about 4 months later and I still have two very small brown scars where the blisters once were. I have been told that herpes rarely leaves scarring so I was wondering if this was permanent, and if so can anyone recommend any types of treatments to help reduce the scarring. Thank you.

KG

mine has been about 2 months and appears to be healed but I still have scars as well and I am pretty sure they are not going to be healed before my next outbreak, what type of GHSV do you have? cause most scars on a person body do heal over time so I would assume these would be no different, but if you have GHSV2 you might have OB's too frequent for those scars to ever heal.

hsv2. i had the first outbreak in mid January, and since then have been outbreak free at least in terms of sores.

I am still a little unclear of the time line of things here you mentioned 4 and 5 months before, but I would say if you have not had an outbreak in 8.5 months, you might not have too many outbreaks and it it may be possible to get the scars to disappear for a while. Do you take anything? I am not sure if antibodies have anything to do with outbreak frequency.

i have been outbreak free since the first time. however one time i had my lymph node swell up in the my thigh for a couple of days but I did not see any sores pop up. could be antibodies? any ideas how to get rid of the scars though? thank

Well the ones from my first outbreaks the scars went away,, My second outbreak involved blisters which i popped immiditately and applied alcohol and hydroxide, and now is that they are starting to dissapear after 3 weeks tho.

Let me ask you a question, ever since you contracted the virus or think u did, has the condition or look of your penis changed permanently? cause I got the virus in Nov of 2007 but didn't get outbreaks til i found out I was positive til June of this year and that was when the outbreaks started after I found out i was positive, but form Nov of 07 til now my penis has not looked the same at all ever since I cought the virus? is anyone experiencing the same thing? Like it has never looked normal ever since i cought this virus even when I dont have an outbreak of scabs, cuts or blisters. :confused:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Beachguy
      We all go through storms in life. Some more difficult than others, I have been through quite a few them including H.  During these storms don't focus on the darkness but focus on the light guiding our path. While painful I believe we come out better at the end. And yes I am overwhelmed by the power of the light. not the darkness.    
    • Blahdittilyblah
      I think an initial breakdown is normal to an extent I think most of us go through a mini version. I know I did, but I'm a curious person by nature I like to investigate and research things that I know little about. I became slightly obsessed with HSV 2 and spent hours a day on my phone researching then clearing my browser history for added security lol. But I quickly learned how common it is and what it really is and that helped me accept it and begin to move forward. I suggest you do as much research as possible on this virus to ease your mind and help you better understand it. 
    • Free73
      The IGG number of 6.6 itself is meaningless in terms of trying to decipher if an infection is recent or old. It just means that you have HSV antibodies, which suggests that you contracted the virus at least 12 weeks ago or longer. It generally takes 12 weeks or longer to develop IGG antibodies after initial infection. If you had a positive IGM and a positive IGG, that would indicate a recent infection, ie less than 12 weeks ago. However, IGM tests are not considered a reliable measure these days.  
    • Free73
      it depends on your body, everyone is different. If I get an outbreak, two tablets on one day is enough to give it a zap and it starts retreating. Other people need to take for a few days. Generally speaking, for episodal, 3 days should be long enough, but again it depends on how well your body takes to the Valtrex. Luckily mine responds very rapidly to valtrex
    • Delphinium
      Bf and I are seroconcordant so not worried about spread/suppressive therapy for his protection.....was just curious for outbreak management how others take their antivirals. I don't want another outbreak as bad as the first one.
    • Tonya
      Hi choosehappy, i agree this website is very helpful and you will meet some very supportive people in the chat room. You will make it through this and just remember that you are not alone. 
    • WilsoInAus
      But @Seeker1960 your real issue is that you are being smite. Carefully consider the following. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. This is why you are a seeker, a searcher for the way out of the valley of darkness. You know the way, forgiveness is in the journey that shall lift the plague and pestilence, bless you and good luck!
    • Peeved
    • Lisajd
      We have all been where you are so please understand that you will be ok it does take time.  You'll get plenty of support and information from this site but first of all what type do you have exactly and how are you diagnosed. What I would suggest to you is do some research and learn as much as you can about the virus because I really will help and it will help you to understand what you need to do going forward in terms of being able to live a normal life because many people have this and it shouldn't stop me from doing anything that you have always wanted to do. 
    • TravelingTeacher
      Was just diagnosed yesterday and I am on the verge of a complete breakdown. 
  • Featured