Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swub

Hydrogen peroxide

7 posts in this topic

I was just passing and I thoght I'd post about the recent sucess I've had.

For about 6 years I've been getting coldsores on my hand. For the last 4 years I've been on a constant course of Acyclovir as the outbreaks got so bad and Zovirax did nothing.

I've been doing some research and in January this year I decided I didn't want to be on medication for the rest of my life so I stopped taking it. Whenever I feel that tingle I put Hydrogen preoxide on my finger and I haven't had a single outbreak since January!

It's definitley worth a try. I hope that helps somebody :)

thanks swub.

having it on the hands makes me want to become a hermit.

the more I read, the more hope there is.

thankyou for your tip!

It helps

There's a site NOMOREOUTBREAKS.com that promotes this treatment. It alliviates some of symptoms and depending on how severe an outbreak, it can prevent some sores from forming. I suggest you research the site. But I can answer any questions. I've tried everything, What works for me is Valtrex suppressive and Hydrogen peroxide topically.

could this work with genital herpes?

i realize your post is from 2004, however, I've just been diagnosed with GHSV1 and well...unfortunately I'm in the midst of not only ANOTHER G-OB but also my first oral/labial OB. I heard about HP as a treatment from my bf. The next day at work, some lady came to the pharmacy raving about all the benefits of food-grade HP - she had started taking it for her diabetes, not only did it lower her bloodsugars enough that she could come off her myriad of medications but it also put her rheumatoid into remission and in the past year hasn't had a single cold sore. I did research that night. Not a whole lot of info. But i have started spraying pharmaceutical grade HP on my sores. I'm on day 2 of HP use. I'd love to get some food grade stuff and try it orally.

This particular G-OB I was sooooo sore. It was the first time my urine really irritated the lesions. After just 2 sprays (3 hours apart) of HP to my genitals I could urinate without wanting to a)pass-out, b)scream, c) wish for death. I will definitely continue to use HP for future breakouts. Maybe even use it on a daily basis to prevent them. I hear that if you bathe in a dilute H2O2 solution a few times a week you can treat all sorts of ailments. somehow it increases circulating O2...dont' know how legit, but worth a try. I'm desperate. I've been having OB nearly every 2 weeks!!

That is interesting because when I first had my ob, I was using hp to hopefully keep it clean. I used it right before I went to the doc and got valtrex so I'm not sure if it did anything. I'm going to research this more. Hp is really pretty amazing!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Ethyl
      Total and complete newbie here. I am 51 years old and managed to make it this far and just got an HSV 1 and 2 diagnosis after a pretty painful experience. After the sores calmed down the even worse part has been continuing leg pain that has lasted now over two weeks. It keeps moving around. Started on my calves then up to my upper thighs. Now I feel like someone karate chopped me really hard where my inner thighs meet my groin. Oh and my feet really hurt. I know this is HPN but I want it to stop now so I can get my life back. The man who gave it to me after we have been dating for almost 5 years had no idea he had it because his "outbreaks" were so mild he thought it was a pimple or ingrown hair. His wife, yes wife, separated but not divorced, got it in college and had one bad outbreak and never again. Our understanding was no sores, no infection. So now we know that ain't the case. Anyway, we had broken up and then we got back together, had sex and I got herpes (confirmed by blood test of acute recent infection)! After almost five years of dating and constant sex! I feel stupid because I could have dodged this bullet. But now I have it and am going through the stages of grief: first I was shocked, then I was angry and that is tapering off to sadness. I am going to get a massage today and see if that helps. I also feel that this has shifted an already fraught situation. We already had issues previous to this new one (still married, now to the woman who gave me herpes, long distance relationship) and now he feels guilty and I feel all these raw emotions: angry, sad, resentful. I know he didn't do it knowingly. I don't want this to define me.  Help! Any kind words would be taken gratefully. Thank you!
    • Prettypony
      Sorry, I don't know why I got cut off, had to rant in two different posts. Thanks for reading my long vent.
    • Prettypony
      and has no expectations. His only concern with moving in is HER. Last night, she went out and at 2 am some drunk guy comes into my room, where I was asleep with my boyfriend. Bf doesn't hear anything, he sleeps like the dead, I yell and the drunk, random guy leaves right away. (I'm sure he thought he was going into her room) but I'm so angry. I get up for work, and he's sleeping on MY couch. So I kick him out and send her a nasty angry message. I can't deal with this extra stress. Pre-diagnosis, I was that same person, drinking, and partying, with her, and that was how things were but I can't, nor do I want to live like that again but she doesn't get it. I've told her, asked, and discussed this repeatedly, she agrees but then disregards everything I've said. I feel so dispespected. I thought she was my best friend, I thought she would be supportive, but she's the exact opposite, and it's making me resent her completely. I think she needs to move out before our friendship is ruined completely. I feel like a hypocrite at the same time though. I am so stressed about this. Since this morning I've had horrible lower back pain, and a headache. I want to surround myself with positive people, and I don't think she fits into that anymore.
    • Prettypony
      I need to vent, and I need advice. My life has changed, I've accepted this. I have made changes to my life, my lifestyle, my eating habits, and everything overall. I have a best friend who is also my roommate. She has done nothing to help me deal with this. She is not paying her share of the rent, food, or utilities. Leaves me with her dogs all the time, and owes me $135 from money I was kind enough to lend her. She goes out all the time, comes home at all hours drunk, has money to spend on booze but not to pay me back and pay her rent etc. I have a very supportive boyfriend, who has decided to move in to help me emotionally and financially. He makes everything seem that much easier. He helps me in anyway he can
    • flowerrebel
      If you got an IgG blood test done then two weeks is way too soon. You have to wait 12 weeks minimum. I never actually developed any sores so there was nothing to swab. Unless that happens I will have to wait out the next 9 weeks. Did you have sores?
    • JBnATL
      That is a very tough question to answer because everyone creates antibodies at different rates. I know, after having chatted with thousands of Herpsters here over the years, that autoinoculation is a very common fear, but it never really happens.   If you use common sense, like washing your hands after you use the rest room, you will be safe. Good luck! JB
    • Mode
      Finding another doctor could be imposible for it costs too much here. And I have to admit that I am a bit young so maybe the doctor did not say much of info to me and told me that I shouldn't have sex anymore with my current boyfriend. I am afraid until now or maybe until in the future that I might get another outbreak because of having sex. Outbreak really hurts and extremely painful, I fear that. 
    • thebear123
      I honestly can't tell anymore if I'm breaking out or not. I mean, I felt a tingle in my penis a couple days ago. I looked into my urethra just now and it looks like abrased but it's very shallow and mild. I feel like my urethra always looks abrased now though. I'm posting this too after she told me felt tingling again down there for a third time today. 
    • K_Sock
      @BabyBlue 29 from Toronto. I'd be happy to chat. 
    • radiance86
      I'm a bit confused about the waiting 10 weeks? I had similar symptoms to you on a Sunday (right after I had unprotected sex Saturday). I rode it out and got tested the following week Friday. Got my results back the following week, Tuesday. Was that too soon to have gotten tested? Should I retest now or wait 10 weeks? I am getting kind of the typical symptoms. Itching, sores are gone but a few are still idk not painful but sore at the touch. There is a weird pain or pressure in my butt and the back of my thighs. I get random shots of nerve pain. I know how you feel, being sure but also hoping that it could be something else. It's kind of trying. And it's great that you have at least been able to share this with your mom. I couldn't even dream of letting anyone else know and that hurts. 
  • Featured