Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
Swub

Hydrogen peroxide

Swub

I was just passing and I thoght I'd post about the recent sucess I've had.

For about 6 years I've been getting coldsores on my hand. For the last 4 years I've been on a constant course of Acyclovir as the outbreaks got so bad and Zovirax did nothing.

I've been doing some research and in January this year I decided I didn't want to be on medication for the rest of my life so I stopped taking it. Whenever I feel that tingle I put Hydrogen preoxide on my finger and I haven't had a single outbreak since January!

It's definitley worth a try. I hope that helps somebody :)

Advertisement

neversaydie

thanks swub.

having it on the hands makes me want to become a hermit.

the more I read, the more hope there is.

thankyou for your tip!

The Demiurge

It helps

There's a site NOMOREOUTBREAKS.com that promotes this treatment. It alliviates some of symptoms and depending on how severe an outbreak, it can prevent some sores from forming. I suggest you research the site. But I can answer any questions. I've tried everything, What works for me is Valtrex suppressive and Hydrogen peroxide topically.

fuss
    could this work with genital herpes?

i realize your post is from 2004, however, I've just been diagnosed with GHSV1 and well...unfortunately I'm in the midst of not only ANOTHER G-OB but also my first oral/labial OB. I heard about HP as a treatment from my bf. The next day at work, some lady came to the pharmacy raving about all the benefits of food-grade HP - she had started taking it for her diabetes, not only did it lower her bloodsugars enough that she could come off her myriad of medications but it also put her rheumatoid into remission and in the past year hasn't had a single cold sore. I did research that night. Not a whole lot of info. But i have started spraying pharmaceutical grade HP on my sores. I'm on day 2 of HP use. I'd love to get some food grade stuff and try it orally.

This particular G-OB I was sooooo sore. It was the first time my urine really irritated the lesions. After just 2 sprays (3 hours apart) of HP to my genitals I could urinate without wanting to a)pass-out, b)scream, c) wish for death. I will definitely continue to use HP for future breakouts. Maybe even use it on a daily basis to prevent them. I hear that if you bathe in a dilute H2O2 solution a few times a week you can treat all sorts of ailments. somehow it increases circulating O2...dont' know how legit, but worth a try. I'm desperate. I've been having OB nearly every 2 weeks!!

Advertisement

Positive thoughts

That is interesting because when I first had my ob, I was using hp to hopefully keep it clean. I used it right before I went to the doc and got valtrex so I'm not sure if it did anything. I'm going to research this more. Hp is really pretty amazing!