Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
confused91

I have a big huge bump down there, help!

2 posts in this topic

I'm not very sexually active I have only had 4 partners and they wore condoms except for one of them, but this is like my best friend who I trust (or at least I thought I did.) He hasn't had unprotected sex with anyone but me either. It has been 6 years since I had sex before he came along and I just noticed today that I have this big huge bump down there that I am hoping it's a pimple, but my question is could it be herpes? I'm not having any other symptoms and I only have one bump not a bunch like I have seen on pictures. I plan on going to the doctors, but i'm shy so I thought i'd come here and ask. Is it possible that It could be something else?? what do they look like how can I tell for sure if it is or not?

could be

Only a doctor and a scraping from the bump to look at under a microscope will tell you for sure. My last relationship I was with a guy who told me he ALWAYS used condoms . We used condoms for a while then quit after we were together for a few mo....now, 4 years later I have had my first OB. I only had 2 little "scratches" and an itch and burning...nothing that looked like the text book pictures. I went to the doc who too thought it was probably just a scratch from itching but he took a sample of it (scraping) and imagine my surprise when that culture sample came back positive for type 2 !!??? For your sake and piece of mind...get it checked . If you never know and it is you can spread it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• jreemi
      They used a 3rd party diagnostics company which allows users to view their results online. I'd say I've had 3-4 so far since my first one. As for right now I believe I'm fine
    • aeh
      my partner had one clear blister.. he said it didn't hurt at all. this photo is from the day after and it never crusted is this a cold sore? please help I am very scared he also performed oral sex on me.
    • Evaluate
      Here are two articles for your reading pleasure: New Vaccine-focused Company Aims to End Herpes http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-focused-company-aims-end-123000657.html Herpes Vaccine Update: Exciting News, But Don't Throw Away Condoms Just Yet http://www.acsh.org/news/2016/09/26/herpes-vaccine-update-exciting-news-dont-throw-away-condoms-just-yet-10219
    • LillianPanos
      Are u having an outbreak now? How many outbreaks have you had? as beach said get yourself educated and keep sharing. make sure you get copies of all your test results. 
    • jreemi
      I will look into both sites, thanks. And I did notice, very blatantly, that the attitudes/knowledge towards this disease varies from doctor to doctor. The urgent care one was the worst, but the derm doc was nice about things. He gave me a bit of hope with the way he went about it, but was still pretty short. I'm too depressed to have hope right now
    • jreemi
      Thanks for the ersponse. The doctor that tested me did h1 and h2 specific blood tests, and they both came back with more antibodies than the threshhold. IGG I believe. The fact that I first got a negative swab and felt good to then have the positive blood tests just made me break down... I suppose the swab didn't work because a layer of skin grew over the sore or something. I'm not sure. But the sore was still there and still hurt if pressure was put on it...the doctor even made the swabber (a physician assistant) dab it a second time to make sure they got a good sample. The woman who gave it to me suggested that I get a third opinion, but I'm pretty sure I have it. I can't take any more pain of waiting for more results. I feel as though my life has been ruined
    • Beachguy
      Hi Jreemi, Thank you for sharing and I am sorry to hear about the difficult time you are having. I encourage you to get educated on the subject. The more you know about H the better you can deal. Here are a few things that helped me. 1. This site - Also using the chat and reaching out to others on treatment options or other coping methods  2. Terri Warren site (https://www.westoverheights.com/forum/herpes/herpes-questions/_ She also has a good book. 3. Not all doctors are well versed on the subject so you may need find one that works for you.  You will be able to evaluate your medical options better and talking with other people who have gone down this road has help me a lot.    
    • LillianPanos
      Hi Jreemi, welcome... I know hoe you feel most of us have similiar experience.  How were you diagnosed with H1 and H2? Some blood tests are not accurate. They say the best test is the swab.  But you said that one was negative.  Many people have H1 cold sores.  Consider urself lucky to find a dr like ur dermatologist.  I have been thru 4 drs the last one was worse than the others still looking for one who listens to me and doenst sahme me and say bs as they really dont know.  Keep sharing and try going to chat room. It has been very helpful for me!  
    • jreemi
      Hello everyone. I'm Jreemi, 27 and from the midwest usa. I never thought I'd be in the place I'm in now, but I am. I was diagnosed with hsv2 this past June. I was devastated, and in many ways still am. I've always been a person who struggled somewhat with confidence and being social, however I've had my moments and I think I was doing better and better. That is unitl this happened. It all started at a bar in an upscale fish restaraunt. This was like in February. I was on lunch break. I started chatting with a woman who was almost twice my age (I didn't find out her age until much later). I won't bore anyone with the details of our rocky dating experience. Basically I was a horny guy and she was what is referred to as a "cougar". She mentioned several times to me how promiscuous she used to be, and how open and "free-spirited" she was.  We had alot of sex at her place. The first couple of times, I wore a condom. But eventually I stopped as I grew to know and trust her. Big mistake. I feel like most people eventually stop using condoms if they are seeing someone consistenetly...plus condoms wouldn't have saved me anyway (more on that later). After a few months, lets say in May, a big red sore appeared on the base of my penis. I am a realistic, logical individual. I didn't do what many people do which is to dismiss it as a pimple, or something else. I have never had anything on my penis before, not even a pimple. I've only had in-grown hairs in my pubic region.  Eventually, the red sore subsided, however I went to an urgent care one day and they swabbed it. The doctor was an a-hole ("too bad, waear condoms man"). After waiting a week, the swab test came back negative for herpes. I was so relieved. But then I noticed a day later that I had a swollen lymphnode in my groin area, and two small bumps appeared above the initial sore. So I knew something was up, but I wasn't panicking THAT much because I figured if it's not herpes, it's something that can be cured anyway. So I went to a primary physician and got a blood test. The doctor, during my examination, literally said the words "It's not herpes". He was leading towards ghon or chlamid. I didn't know what to think, but again I felt assured that "at least I don't have herpes". Turns out I have both hsv1 and hsv2. I probably had hsv1 since I was a kid. When I found out the news, she was with me. She sat there as I sobbed. Little did I know, she was the one that gave it to me. I had my suspicions, but last night she admitted over the phone that she had a positive test about 20 years ago. She claims that she has never spread it throughout multiple relationships, a marriage, etc. She claims that she didn't know she was still contagious. In my case, the "worst" outbreak wans't the first one. It was the second one, and it made my skin crawl. I hope I never have another one like that again. My initial doctor didn't give me any medication for this once he diagnosed me (even though I asked), but after I had the bad OB, I went to a dermatologist who gave me the typical suppresive pills. He was very comforting and let me know it is very common, etc etc. I still feel awful. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have ALOT more thoughts on this, but I don't have anyone to talk to. I feel isolated, alone, lesser of a person. I want to say more, but I don't want to ramble. Hope to hear back from someone  
    • LillianPanos
      GEN-003: yet more dragon-slaying research by Herpes Vaccine Research In a placebo-controlled trial, the GEN-003 vaccine "achieved a 40% reduction" in viral shedding when administered to persons already infected with HSV-2 and living with recurrent genital herpes. Most lay people don't get scientific phrase-ology and what it means, so I paraphrase the results for everyone below.   As a way of introduction to this […] Read more of this post   Herpes Vaccine Research | September 30, 2016 at 6:58 am | Categories: Herpes Immunology | URL: http://wp.me/p5B31x-aQ   Comment    See all comments   Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Herpes Vaccine Research.
      Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions. Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser: 
      http://liveherpesvaccine.com/2016/09/30/gen-003-yet-more-dragon-slaying-research/
  • Featured