Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sadbb

Can Herpes pass through blood? or only skin to skin?

8 posts in this topic

Just curious. Wondering if it can be pass through blood. Can we donate blood to other people?

I have donated blood and I told them that I had Herpes. The only thing they said (and they told me they researched it and got back to me) was not to donate while having an OB.

They've called me to donate again so it is ok.

u can donate blood. i called the local blood donation center and they said that they check for syphillis, hiv and hepatitus c. they said that hsv is not considered life threatening so they don't check for that. they did not say don't donate if u have an ob-though i didn't ask that question. i'm not quite sure why having an ob would affect ur ability to give blood. if ur having an ob down south--how is drawing blood from ur arm going to affect anything? u already have antibodies in ur blood with or wo/ an ob--its not like ur cootie level is up and ur going to infect someone via blood. imo, that just kind of sounds like societal paranoia. though i could be wrong, it happens some times!

I'd be willing to guess that they don't recommend donating during an OB because your immune levels are a little compromised and loosing blood can take a lot out of you. Its really for your own cause.

Yes you can, but it's not advised to donate during an outbreak and especially not during a Primary outbreak.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• JHenry
      Is there any data on how much shedding occurs at this point in my life?
    • VVK
      Jeremy, is what you're doing this week pretty normal? Are you eating the same or are you eating different foods (and different amounts, different timing, etc.)? Lethargy can be a symptom when your body is trying to fight off an infection, but it can also be due to other events going on - like changes in eating habits, sleeping habits, and stress. Sometimes it takes very little to upset the balance of what you think is normal.
    • VVK
      Is there a reason that you're still staying with him? Also how do you know it's HSV-1? Were you diagnosed through swab/blood test? And how were you tested when you got your HSV negative status prior to all of this? One of my ex-gf's used to get BV - I found a way to fix that by making sure that we were both showered/bathed prior to to having sex and her afterwards. However, if it's the semen that's causing your issues then just don't let him ejaculate inside of you. He should at least be sensitive enough to understand that BV is no fun and if he's the problem, he needs to deal with it.  
    • Free73
      They cannot take a swab unless a sore is present. Sarah, please go and take an IGG blood test if you want further confirmation
    • Lisajd
      He may have hsv1 oral or genital so thats how you received it
    • Lisajd
      In order to move forward you need to manage symptoms.  Are you on anti virals.  This anger eycay contribute to your symptoms.  Stress is not good for herpes.  Did you get tested for hsv as its not standard in your initial test.  What exactly do you have and what does he have.  You say your negative for 1 and but he has herpes.  Need to clarify.  
    • Lisajd
      Look you have hsv1 which provides some immunity. He had sex with prostitutes who you dont even know have hsv2 plus he used a condom.  I think you either go get tested or accept you are unlikely to have hsv2. No one here can diagnose you.
    • VVK
      Out of all the possible outcomes, this one is as good as it gets for being HSV positive. If you're not sticking around here, I hope you will provide us with an update a few months down the road to tell us how you're doing.
    • Sarahbby28
      So they can't swab without sore ? Yeh he said he doesn't but he never has been tested his been to about 10-15 prositutes I dunno if that puts him at higher risk was with Condom
    • cantdoit
      Absolutely they can.  To see if they can pick up virus. It's needs to be a PCR swab. 
  • Featured