World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
nerval

both have HSV1

nerval

both my partner and me have HSV1, she passed it onto me during oral sex, she has allways suffered from cold sores. my question is, now we both have it, is should we use condoms during sex or does it not matter as you cant contract it twice?

regret

your fine, if you both have it ..you always have it, its not somethign that goes away so no you cant catch it twice,,of the same type anyway..

Ultra Violet

Is it possible to get it in a new site though? My doctor advised against me giving my guy oral sex without a condom as he has oral but not genital HSV1. I have oral and genital HSV1 which I caught from him.

dailyshowfan

My doc says no

"Is it possible to get it in a new site though? My doctor advised against me giving my guy oral sex without a condom as he has oral but not genital HSV1. I have oral and genital HSV1 which I caught from him."

I am in the same situation. My guy has oral HSV 1 and gave me genital HSV 1through oral sex. I asked my obgyn about the possibility of me giving it back to him genitally, and she says that is not possible. Since he already has the virus, he may get an OB genitally but it wouldn't be because of me.

But I seem to read different opinions on here, so I can't say that I'm 100% sure. However, I would be more likely to believe the advice of a doctor rather than the advice of strangers online...

nerval

can anyone tell us then,

if my partner has oral HSV1, and gave me Genital HSV1, can i give her genital HSV1, or is it as i have been told that as she allready has the virus it will remain oral with her and not genital, as the virus only re-appears in the same location?

discovod

But don't MOST people have oral HSV-1? So if somebody has genital HSV-1 they cannot pass it onto a person who has oral (aka 80% of the population) hsv-1???????

regret

if he only has oral yes he can get it in another location from what i understand, but it prefers the mouth area so he may never break out down there ..the chances are slimmer from what i understand since he already has it,,but anyhting is possible with this virus