World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
awakenlove

<b>PLEASE HELP! GOING INSANE </b>

awakenlove

Last Saturday I had an outbreak on my girly parts that spread really really bad.

A week later, they started to go away, but then I got a whole new outbreak on my butthole. (blehhhh) Which has been terrible, but now they are kinda starting to go away too.

WELL, now I got a new outbreak again on my actual butt cheek.

So, it's just outbreak after outbreak after outbreak. And mainly all in places where I've never even had an OB.

This isn't my first ob either...it's like my 10th.

What the hell is going on? I am doing everything possible to keep them at bay. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in almost two weeks...and everytime I think I'm in the clear another ob shows up and I'm devastated.

Should they really be coming in overlaps like this, and in so many random places?

PLEASE HELP ME! I am seriously losing my sanity here. :(

Ultra Violet

I don't know how helpful this is but I feel for you and am sending you a big virtual hug!

MsLucy

It seems to me that, if this is not your first ob, there must be something precipitating this cycle, or compromising your immune system enough to allow the virus to flourish.

You say you haven't had a good night's sleep in 2 weeks. Exhaustion could be a big factor. The stress of repeated obs and the accompanying discomfort could be a contributing factor as well.

One thing I have found since I've had H is that I don't get colds and the normal run-of-the-mill crap that makes the rounds at work anymore. While everyone else is calling in sick, I'm fine. Instead, I get an ob. For example, within the past 3 months, both my son and my partner both got terrible colds. Both times, I started to get the beginning symptoms of a cold (scratchy throat, runny nose, etc,) but the symptoms disappeared within a day or two. Each time, though, I immediately developed an ob. That seems to be the pattern for me anymore.

My mother, who also had herpes, was the same way. Whenever she felt like she was coming down with something, the symptoms (whatever they were) would disappear quickly, and she'd get one of her "fever blisters" (on her butt) or a "pimple on her wooze", as she called them. But I can't remember my mother ever actually being sick.

My point is, could it be that you've been exposed to something else that you may have fought off, but that left your immune system weakened? Are the people around you (co-workers, family, friends) healthy?

If it's not that, have there been any changes in your life (even subtle ones) that may have you stressed? It doesn't take a giant upheaval to create stress, you know. Most often, it's the little things that make us crazy. How's your diet? Is there anything you've added or taken away?

I hope you get some relief, soon. Most important, try not to let this stress you out anymore. That's easier said than done, but resolve to take it in stride and keep a positive attitude. Maybe you could curtail some of your activities for a while and just let your body rest. Your body needs some TLC just now, so try not to push yourself to maintain your usual level of activity.

Good luck, and feel better soon.

awakenlove

Thanks UltraViolet and Writer. I have been stressed lately, just moved away from my family and started a new job. And I do still get colds...I just had a pretty severe one about the time my outbreaks started. So, I'm sure it definitely does have something to do with a weak immune system at the time. But your support and understanding is amazing. Thanks so much! :)