World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Istherehope

Question about masterbation...

Istherehope

Well I just found out about this wonderful little virus that will be with me for the rest of my life...

Now...Normally I am a VERY sexual person...ATm I reallllly can't think that way...

I'm still getting over the fact that I have this...

But I'm sure down the road I will get some what used to having this....

Now I haven't had an OB yet...And have never shown any of the "Signs"....

My question is...When I do decide to touch myself again...Are there any issues I should be awear of?...Can I spread this to other parts of my body through vial shedding?....

Thank you

OopsNowWhat

Yes you can pass it to other parts of your body if your shedding. Eyes and mouth, and anus. Pretty sure u can even get it on your fingers. I still to this day (after 8 months) am a little paranoid about spreading it.

MsLucy

The virus can be shed to other parts of your body mainly during the initial "building up antibodies" period. After that, the chance of spreading it around are quite small. It's okay to touch the area, just wash your hands thoroughly afterward, which you should always do, anyway. Hot water and soap are very effective for killing any virus you may have on your hands, and prevent the spread to other areas.

Your body hasn't become your enemy, and there's no need for paranoia. Don't make this into more than what it is.

samallen

I totally second what writercll said. Definitely don't give up masterbating...it's the inexpensive version of therapy!!! Without it, we'd all go crazy.

Istherehope

Well...I just found out I have this...And more then likely have had it for a while...Alteast since July of this year if not longer...I've just neverrrr showed any signs...Not even an OB. So it was VERY depressing finding out...

I've always masterbated alteast once a night...being a guy and all...Lol

Soo I guess nothing has spread so far....

If it has been in my system this long does that mean there is a good chance I will never pass it along anywhere else around my body?....This virus is SOOO fucking confusing...

I have no idea how I am going to coup with this...Being a very sexual person as is....I don't know if I can ever have sex again....

I feel gross in your own skin...And I hate that because I know it just a dumb harmless(for the most part) virus?....DOes that feeling ever go away?...

I'm a 30yrd male, above avg looks who keeps in shape...And I feel like my life is over...(a bit dramitc I'm sure)...But I can never go back to the way things were...And I certainly will NOT be one of those people that just sleeps around with out telling people what I have...Those people should be shot.

Sorry end of rant...Just still really in shock I guess...Been a rough two weeks.

OopsNowWhat

Try this one. Think of how the virus could of been AIDS. Feel better? That one usally works for me.

I also worry about infecting myself after spanking the monkey.

Well most of the people on this site are women. From my what ive read men seem to be more accepting about the virus when it comes to having an infected partner. A lot of people on here will tell you its not a big deal, but its so much fucking eaiser to say when you have the virus. It is a big deal, espically to younger people. If it wasn't big deal, then all these people wouldn't be here posting.

Most of the answer you'll get is have faith... everything happens for a reason. Which is always good right? Well thats what they tell me.

For every person who can give you a sucess story there is one who can give you a horror story.

SO HAVE FAITH!

Morning

Perspective is everything

A lot of people on here will tell you its not a big deal, but its so much fucking eaiser to say when you have the virus. It is a big deal, espically to younger people. If it wasn't big deal, then all these people wouldn't be here posting.

Most of the answer you'll get is have faith... everything happens for a reason. Which is always good right? Well thats what they tell me.

For every person who can give you a sucess story there is one who can give you a horror story.

SO HAVE FAITH!

People on this site give a lot of positive feedback because the person seeking feedback is already entertaining every negative thought possible and it can be difficult to maintain perspective when first diagnosed. Personally I don't think "oh it's not a big deal" but I do think that in the larger scheme of things there are bigger problems we all will face, so it's important to keep things in perspective. I personally know men and women who have successful and unsuccessful relationships (some with and without HSV). The point is that no one is doomed to never have another relationship or not have a good sex life because of having HSV, even if it seems that way in the beginning. I also personally know people dealing with cancer, MS, lupus, etc, much more debilitating diseases that have a much bigger impact on your life. So the message isnt 'oh you'll be fine, you'll find love, it's no big deal;' the message is over time you will accept this new reality of having HSV and it will not seem like the end of the world or your sex life anymore and we (humans, not just HSV+ people) have a knack for surviving. So it's ok to feel mad/sad/hopeless about having this, you have every right to be and most of us have felt the same. But eventually OopsNowWhat is right, have faith...in your own resilence!

Morning

traveller

I found out I was HSV-2 positive at the end of September. I must have been infected by a boyfriend sometime earlier this year. We broke up in August. I believe he knew he was positive and didn't tell me, but I will probably never know for sure. I am unable to get to him to find out. Nonetheless, I, too, am a very sexual person. I was devastated at first because I felt my sexual life was over. I experienced a lot of anxiety about it and even had suicidal thoughts at times, though I didn't develop a plan, etc., just thought about it. The strange thing, too, is that I have never had an OB, no signs or symptoms, and no "flu-like" symptoms during the time I was with the ex-boyfriend when I would have contracted it. I have continued to masturbate and guess that I have not spread the virus, because I've never seen the virus show up on anywhere on my body. IsThereHope said this virus is sooo fucking confusing and he is right! I feel better about the virus now. Reading support information on this forum has helped me tremendously. I googled the Positive Singles website just to see how many men are on there who are infected with HSV-2 for whenever I might want to begin dating again and there are plenty. Since I have learned about my positive status, I have been numbed out to the idea of dating but I am sure I will get past it. I am also still grieving the former relationship as I thought it was going to be one that lasted. I MISS SEX A LOT, but know I just need to wait on it for now. One positive thing has come out of my contracting this virus and that is that I have slowed my ass down on crawling in to bed with someone. This virus might have just saved my life--in the sense that I could have contracted HIV if I continued to sleep with men who told me they were "clean." Incidentally, I asked the former boyfriend to get tested before we ever had sex. He did and said he was "clean." I got it--and it could have only come from him. So, trust issues abound...I think in the future, I want to see the test results in writing. Thank you for reading my post and thank you all for posting. Peace and Love. P.S. OOPsNowWhat--I love your humor. Keep writing, I'll keep reading....

Istherehope
I found out I was HSV-2 positive at the end of September. I must have been infected by a boyfriend sometime earlier this year. We broke up in August. I believe he knew he was positive and didn't tell me, but I will probably never know for sure. I am unable to get to him to find out. Nonetheless, I, too, am a very sexual person. I was devastated at first because I felt my sexual life was over. I experienced a lot of anxiety about it and even had suicidal thoughts at times, though I didn't develop a plan, etc., just thought about it. The strange thing, too, is that I have never had an OB, no signs or symptoms, and no "flu-like" symptoms during the time I was with the ex-boyfriend when I would have contracted it. I have continued to masturbate and guess that I have not spread the virus, because I've never seen the virus show up on anywhere on my body. IsThereHope said this virus is sooo fucking confusing and he is right! I feel better about the virus now. Reading support information on this forum has helped me tremendously. I googled the Positive Singles website just to see how many men are on there who are infected with HSV-2 for whenever I might want to begin dating again and there are plenty. Since I have learned about my positive status, I have been numbed out to the idea of dating but I am sure I will get past it. I am also still grieving the former relationship as I thought it was going to be one that lasted. I MISS SEX A LOT, but know I just need to wait on it for now. One positive thing has come out of my contracting this virus and that is that I have slowed my ass down on crawling in to bed with someone. This virus might have just saved my life--in the sense that I could have contracted HIV if I continued to sleep with men who told me they were "clean." Incidentally, I asked the former boyfriend to get tested before we ever had sex. He did and said he was "clean." I got it--and it could have only come from him. So, trust issues abound...I think in the future, I want to see the test results in writing. Thank you for reading my post and thank you all for posting. Peace and Love. P.S. OOPsNowWhat--I love your humor. Keep writing, I'll keep reading....

Thank you for posting...Not going to lie... I still get VERY up set over all this...Plus I just lost the love of my life not to long ago(not over this)...Then I find this out.....Having to tell her that I have this...Which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do...Made me physically sick....I had NO idea I was infected at the time...And the idea of putting her through this does give me suicidal thoughts...I just PRAY that she is ok...Should find out late this week.

But I have thought about the future...And I feel very alone..And lonely with the idea of this virus inside me...I used to LOVE everything about sex...EVERYTHING...And wonder if I can truly ever go back to that amazing feeling again.

But it is posts like this Traveller that does give me hope...It may be along time before I ever decide to date again...But if I can learn to feel good enough to Masterbate again...Then that would be a start of sorts I guess...Oh how I loved to do that hahah...But what guy doesn't...

See Traveller you women forget...It is part of our daily routine hahah...So I;m allll out of sorts.....

(well I have known some women who almost does it as much haha)