World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
she_loves

I have never contracted herpes, need your thoughts

she_loves

I recently started dating a fellow who is very worried about my herpes, obviously i do not fault him for this but he says to show him proof that I can have unprotected sex with him and not give him herpes.

I've had herpes for 7 years and since we all know we all have herpes I've probably had over...eh 100 partners in my life so far =) yeah i know. bad girl, anyway a good amount of those are AFTER I've had the virus and some were unprotected (i do get tested, and yes they all knew) no one, none of them eventhe ones from 5 years ago have never contracted herpes from me.

i don't know if this is just me, or if any of you have had this experience? i always watch my body carefully, making sure I know if i have a sign. My herpes is actually HSV 1 on the vagina and comes up once a year and is only one bump so I am always well aware of its presence it decides to show.

and all of my ex boyfriends (the actual boyfriends) have my updated contact info, if anything should arise....no one has it...none have ever gotten the virus from me.

how do i explain this? is this valid? I need a glimmer of hope....I am very safe...

metropolitan

That seems like good enough evidence to me.

Although I usually prefer girls not tell me how many people they've slept with, as a semi-unrelated word of advice!

But "I've never given it to anybody in 5 years" seems pretty legit.

stuck

Not suprised hes worried, just be protected and be safe!

Its unlikely you have slept with 100 people and never passed it on, unless you dont have it at all.

OopsNowWhat

Not to be an asshole but I am......

How many of these people even know your name? I mean 100 people is a lot. Im sure (being optimistic) at least one of these 100 people have no way to contact you and are infected.

Bottom line is.......... you are infected and you can infect him. Technically you can even infect him with a condom.

NeedToKnow

Genital HSV-1 has less outbreaks than HSV-2, like in your case. So you probably shed less also. Many people already have HSV-1 too, so they will not contract it from you since they already have it. Also, it may be harder to pass it on genital to genital. All this would explain why your partners never contracted it.

But they could have gotten oral HSV-1 (cold sores) if they gave you oral sex, but thought they got it from kissing. Maybe they never bothered to tell you they got it from you. Not sure how you can be sure they never got it from you. :confused: