World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
dreamer80

Hello Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving

dreamer80

Hi, I just joined the forum after being diagnosed with genital herpes yesterday. I'm trying to figure out a lot of stuff right now: who I should tell, should I stay with the guy who (unknowingly) gave this to me, and how I'm going to deal with this in the future from a health and dating perspective.

This forum has been so helpful in terms of hearing of other people's experiences and feeling like I'm not alone in this terrible mess. I look forward to getting to know people here better and to reading insights from people who've had to deal with many of the issues I'm facing now.

Thanks

BillieJean

this site is definitely something to be thankful for. looking forward to hearing more from you. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

LittleBC

I thought this might be a thread and a sincere thought worth resurrecting... Happy Thanksgiving...to everyone !!!

trueangel24

Hi dreamer 80,

Welcome to the site. I have some comments regarding your post:

Specifically "who I should tell" "should I stay with the guy who (unknowingly) gave this to me" and "how I'm going to deal with this in the future from a health and dating perspective"

My thoughts are you should only tell people you trust. You do not have to tell anyone if you are uncomfortable.

If you find out that the guy you are with gave it to you and you know that for a fact. I say stay with him if you really love, like, or care for him. The reason I say that is because if you both have it, that makes it easier because you cannot reinfect each other so you can still have an enjoyable love life. If you leave, you will be faced with meeting someone new and that is when it would be best to tell a new person that you have it so he can make the decision if he wants to be with you intimately. I do not recommend you telling a new person until you get that person to know you.

These are some of my thoughts but I am sure you will do what works for "YOU"