World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
anna99

Anybody know about ocular herpes???

anna99

I was diagnosed last week with hsv1 and have experienced a terrible genital outbreak. I've also had persistent daily headaches with neck pain. This morning my left eye is swollen and red in the corner near my nose and it hurts to blink and to touch it. I tried to get into the clinic but they were just closing at noon. I leave tomorrow for Mex City/work and am scared to leave this unresolved. I've read the stuff on the right bar of this sit about ocular herpes but still have more questions.

Has anyone experienced this? I've not had a sty before but I have been crying a lot, hopefully it's a blocked tear duct and not another blasted lesion....

daisydew

I don't know anything about ocular herpes, but I have had a sty before. With my styes, it's always been a visible bump, not just swollen in the area. can you see a bump? It may be hidden underneath and you need to pull down your eye to be able to see it. It may be some kind of infection as well. Is there some kind of urgent care center you can go to? For now just try not to touch it. Make sure you're really good about washing your hands because you don't want to spread anything around your body if it happens to be contagious. Hopefully someone else on here has more eye experience!

mommaof2

my kids are always getting eye issues... If it is a clogged tear duct you will have green/yellow goo that constantly comes out of your eye. Take a warm washcloth and lay it on your eye for a few minutes and gently massage your eye by the bridge of your nose to break up the clog. On my daughter it switched to her other eye then cleared up. It took about 2 days or so to clear up.

If it is pink eye your eye will get the goo and be bloodshot and will burn big time. There is homeopathic pink eye relief that you can get over the counter. I know with prescription stuff you put the drops in every 4 hours while you are awake...don't know about the over the counter stuff. Also if it is pink eye you have to constantly wash door handles, sink knobs, steering wheel on your car, and your glasses eye pieces so you don't reinfect your self.

There is also a chance that you have a sinus infection. I woke up one morning with my eye swollen shut and that was it. Went to the doc and was told I had a major sinus infection that decided to come out in my eye. I never even had a stuffy nose or even got one for that matter. go figure!!

I also switched contact solution once and it caused me to get sore bloodshot eyes because I was allergic to it. Expired solution will do that too.

I'm not a doc or anything but this is some of the things that I have had to deal with. :) ( I told ya we had eye issues!! ) hope you feel better soon!!

samallen

It's normal to feel like every itch or tingle might be an ob when you've just been diagnosed. My guess is that it's just an irritation caused by allergens or something. (I'm not a doc though) If you're really worried you should get it checked out before you leave.

Ocular herpes normally affects the cornea and you'll see like squiggly red lines over the cornea and you'll have extreme sensitivity to light, pain and redness. It sounds like your discomfort/redness is by the tear duct.