World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
BigD51

Insane pelvic swelling and valtrex

BigD51

My pubic area is very very very swollen and painful. Is this from HSV? I got tested but didnt get the results back.

I got valtrex since the doc thinks its HSV, using its so bad I almost fell asleep driving home.

And I feel extremely tired, is this from valtrex?

regret

you feel tired because of the virus,and yes thats normal for the glands to swell up, its painful

BigD51

How long does it take for the valtrex to kick in its been 2 days and its gotten worse.

kloha

Yah, I have swelling too. It' feels like I've been kicked over and over again in the nether-region.

Valtrex does cause drowsiness. Maybe try taking it before bed.

regret

for mew within 4 days the swelling went down and it healed up faster being on vltrex..if it isnt giving you some relief within a week, i would see what other medication can work for you.. if you have a high metabolism your body may be breaking down the medication faster than your body can absorb it,and therefore it wouldnt be working as well,,aks your dr..if not take lysine also,vit c,

BigD51

Valtrex converts to Acycolvir in the body and one of the sides is swelling of the lymph nodes.

anna99
Valtrex converts to Acycolvir in the body and one of the sides is swelling of the lymph nodes.

Another side of Acyclovir is the $%^&* headaches, which i was pounding with Advil all day long until my stomach lining started to bleed or burn itself out like acid. So I tested it by going cold turkey on both...headaches AND stomach fire were both a bit better, although not great yet. What a drag. I'm goin' for drugfree...