World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Just a human being
      People say they want a cure but some days I wonder. If you express how stressful it’s been to support a small cohort through treatment with limited evidence most do not understand, when you ask for support or your struggles to cope with people’s trauma in treatment, or the ingrained societal perceptions, when you try to talk about the evidence it’s like you’ve done some evil thing! Apparently going against the grain to do what’s right is not worthy of human understanding or support! Expressing human vulnerability also appears to be incredibly evil! Damn! Any weakness or difficulties damn your just not worthy of care, support or respect!  After over a year in the space it’s so clear to me why there has been no progress. You are completely ostracized from the community for speaking out on this topic. How many are voiceless here too scared to speak? Yet we rarely hear from you. When you are successful you just disappear (Of course because we don’t hear from you you don’t exist! You must be a “conspiracy theory”. And even if you did then you would just be anecdotal and oh yeah that publishing evidence when they attempt to discredit it... hmm be interesting to hear the “conspiracy” stories on that one...)and I understand why as no one would listen to you anyhow! I hope for anyone reading this you get out alive lest you become a lost soul in purgatory stamping out hope for others due to confusion weaved in science and medicine.   
    • MikeHerp
      Not directly on HSV, but this general overview of where gene editing is, is a very good read. Recommend at least skimming it. A lot of excitement is building around gene editing.  https://67c5cfaa-bdc0-42a5-95c4-a822adc972c7.filesusr.com/ugd/80a6fd_a53ed12021a54292bb50ed1255e31118.pdf
    • Just a human being
      It s not really possible to ban anyone from this forum. Some people would just get back on and create a reign of terror in their wrath. I’ve seen it before. In the end everyone has to accept them and it teaches the group tolerance. Trust me I’ve been through the same feelings and I don’t want to act like I’m always Mr positive or anything cos I am Just a human being!And honestly we need to consider others welfare. They would be lost without this forum. I think if you took it away they would suffer serious trauma. It just takes a small amount of time to work around it! I have deep respect for @MikeHerp it takes a lot of work to get something like this off the ground! I think genetic research is very valuable and important!  I have duel interests human systems and health and agriculture. In the agriculture realm I’m not a big fan of say Monsanto’s brand of genetic research in application. I am a big fan of genetic research to inform plant breeding!  I think this is good work that will be insightful for humans in the future! Don’t take a few difficult people to heart! Trust me I do know it’s difficult.  I didn’t even read a single comment of theirs! Wow that’s big for me! Back to Fred Hutch....    
    • MikeHerp
      What I find interesting about this trial is that even though half life is 25 days, measurements of shedding and lesions will be done until nearly 4 months.  Maybe they expect the effect to last longer than the half life (maybe the binding effect survives longer than the half life). 
    • MikeHerp
      Message from FHC philanthropy:   “There is a small glitch with the website that we are working on. The page is still live, located here: http://engage.fredhutch.org/site/TR/PersonalFundraisingPages/General?px=1802786&pg=personal&fr_id=1574 I will need to request a new link to "fredhutch.org/hsv" for you on Monday, which is not working right now, but you can access the site from the link above in the meantime. I will let you know when that is fixed”
Sign in to follow this  
shoshane

What do yall think.

shoshane

Ok so 2 weeks ago I got a bump on my shaft. It kinda looks like a vocano. Two days after that I got the same type of bump at the top of my nuts. Then 3 days after that another bump started to form on the side of the 1st bump. All 3 look like little vocano's and everyone here knows im with someone who has HSV-2 So what do yall think about what I got. They hurt but nothing I cant handle. The way yall talk these things hurt really bad, and thats not what im feeling. But let me know.

ginnyp

They usually hurt more for women because of how we're built, and how things rub, and many times it's the pee touching the sores that makes them hurt. Mine hurt but was bearable, some people get it worse and usually just the first ob REALLY hurts bad. But it does depend on location of the sore.

helied2me

shoshane, the next time you get one of those volcanos, try to get in to see a doctor within 24-48 hours so they can swab it and test it for HSV. If it's a yellow pus as opposed to a clear fluid, have them test for staph. If it's MRSA, you don't want to ignore it.

shoshane

Today I look and the one on my nuts is almost gone. And the other one on my shaft is gonging away.