World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
speaktru

has H ruined your sex life?

speaktru

so its been a couple of months since i have had sex. WOW... I finally got that out....... but now its like ok.... getting a bit restless here... lol

i've only had sex w/ 1 person so i havent had much of a sex life. but now that i have H i feel that its just about over.... when it was just getting started!! so who has felt that H has ruined their sex life?

newhope

I've been fortunate to have a guy that really loves me. I found him shortly after I found out I had H, and we've been having sex almost everyday for the last few months.

Don't let H stand in the way of your dating/love life. Most people will actually be okay with it, especially once you explain the virus to them. My boyfriend asked questions, I gave him a lot of info and he is fine with it.

Ultra Violet

No it hasn't ruined my sex life but I admit I'm not as relaxed as I was. For example, a guy wants to date me and kiss me despite knowing I have oral and genital HSV1. I showed him the info on transmission rates and he basically said that to him it's good odds and he's willing to take the risk. He doesn't want to use protection when he gives me oral sex (so far this is all hypothetical as we've not had any intimate contact since I got the virus). I'm not altogether comfortable with this. It feels risky and I worry that if he contracts it from me then I'm indirectly putting other women at risk.