World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tomo25mcr

worried guy

tomo25mcr

hi, i am new to this site today. i think i have herpies due to there being 2 blisters on the under side of my foreskin. i noticed i had 1 blister about a month ago and thought nothing of it as i had not had sex for a few months prior that and thought it was just a spot, that went and since then i have slept with a girl a few times and noticed the other day 2 new blisters appeared just the other day. im really worried and i am going to goto a clinic or make a appointment on monday. the girl wants to see me but ive told her i have the flu and im just praying its not herpies but im quite sure after browsing the net that it is. i dont no what to tell her, what if i have given it to her? i dont love her, i have only seen her a couple of times but still dont no how i would tell her? can herpies pop up just sudden for the first time months after intercourse? :( . anyway hello to every1

tomo25mcr

a question

i never dreamed i would catch it and didnt have a clue what it was untill mentioning it to a nurse i no the other day and she said it sounds like herpies, looking at pictures on the net look very similar. does anyone know how long after unprotected sex blisters are likely to flare up?

what were the first symptoms you had? and how did you deal with them?

cheers for any replies

gotitsowhat

Herpes is tricky

It can pop up even many years after transmission of the virus.

Watch out for clinics and doctors; they do not like to diagnose anyone with herpes and will do what they can to avoid it, like telling you that you have a "skin irritation," (herpes IS a skin irritation so they are not actually lying) or giving a "full battery"of STD tests and not telling you that a full STD screening usually does NOT include herpes. They love to send you away telling you it is not herpes. They know that a herpes diagnosis is very tough for a patient to take and they don't want to be the one to give the bad news. They figure herpes is pretty minor anyway in the medical scheme of things so maybe it's better if you don't know you have it or at least if they don't have to be the one to tell you and watch you cry.

Ask for a swab test on the outbreak itself and also a blood test for herpes which will reveal which type of herpes you have (if you do have it), type 1 or type 2.

If it turns out you do have it, tell your girlfriend so she can get checked. Don't talk in terms of blame or shame, just tell her. Treat it like medical information which you are sharing with her because you care about her health. If you do have this, you are not to blame as long as you behave in a responsible manner. Sometimes it's very hard to tell where and when you got it. Herpes is just a virus, an annoying minor medical problem and is no comment on your character or personality or habits.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

tomo25mcr

thank you, i will let you no hopefully on monday

tomo25mcr

went for my tests yesterday, it looks like herpies and i will know hopefully by text or phone from them at the hospital in the next few days. i was reassured that having herpies it not as bad as i thought, i was thinking i will never get in a relationship again but the chances are that it might not pop up very often, maybe even as far as every so many years between