World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
3junebugs

Increased frequency of OBs

3junebugs

I have had herpes for over seven years. I had initially a terrible out break that was both in my lower region and my face.

Over the years my out breaks significantly reduced. I even went on to have two more children without any complications.

But since May of this year I haves been plauged with frequent genital ob that have been occuring about every six weeks and then a chronic out break on my face on my upper lip for over seven months. I go maybe a day or two tops before my lips start to itch and then shed again. :(

Anyone else have this were years later you have an increase of outbreaks?

I am on 1gm of valtrex daily which has helped some but they just keep coming back. I have removed caffiene from my diet an significantly reduced my chocolate and 'oat' foods from my diet. I have even stopped taking my antidepressant to see if that was contributing to my ob.

My doc pretty much says all I can do is the valtex and live with it :( but as you can imagine, this is putting a huge strain on my marriage. My husband is not infected.

Any other suggestions? Also, should I look for a new doctor?

Morning

I'm sorry to hear this. Geez, you'd like to believe that after years of gradually dissipating outbreaks, that you're doing ok. And then this happens. Well let's see...when was the last time you've had a full physical exam and been checked for all STD's including HIV? I would do so if I were you. There may be something that is suppressing your immune system which usually kicks in the keep your outbreaks at a minimum. I would also get another type blood test done because maybe you've gotten a second strain of HSV (dunno which you already have between HSV1 or 2). Let us know how all this goes.

Morning

3junebugs

I have been checked for ghonerrea and clamydia recently. HIV is very unlikely. I have been pretty stressed lately. But my life has ALWAYS been. I would say that I am a lot better now so that's why this is so frustrating.

I have been very tired lately though. I have had to take daily naps recently but that could just be from feeling depressed over this.

shadow1

Sorry to hear that. My outbreaks decreased over time. Recently I have had an increase, but I know stress is a trigger for me.