World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Dakota Blue

so not Horny

Dakota Blue

OK

so perhaps it is a side effect from stress or relationship issues or some deep psychological terror but

Honestly since i was diagnosed last year i have not had the sex drive that i used to .....especially lately

My partner has even noticed the difference lately and is getting concerned

I dono how to explain it... I am just not turned on much.

I honestly cant remember the last time i even had sex... it must have been at least a couple months ago...

WTF.....?

anna99

Second that...

...and add dryness to the lack of drive. Pre-HSV I was freakishly wet, esp when horny. I'm thinking the dryness might be related to the meds (i was taking acyclovir). Others?

daisydew

I feel the same way. I used to have a really strong sex drive, and now I feel like I don't ever want sex. I think it might have something to do with me not feeling sexy anymore. I constantly have 1 or 2 little bumps that look like pimples and I'm never sure if it's an outbreak or just razor burn.

It is most likely the meds that add to the dryness. I know a lot of other meds can do that too.

Sorry I don't really have any advice for you, but I feel the same way.

Dakota Blue

ahhhh ditto

I used to be ready to go almost all the time

i could get wet on command lol

now i have to use lube...

Im freakn 21 years old man this is supposed to be my sexual prime and i am missing it....AHHHH

I dont think it is necessarily the meds because i dont take mine everyday I only take them if I need them.... could it be really all in our heads???

SkiMan

3 ladies marked off my list! :mrgreen:

PERHAPS it is the men you are seeing?? :confused:

I am not having the same problems. Of course, I am man. Hear me roar.

anna99

SkiMan, you are hilarious! Ironically <and not that you are saying this>, but perhaps it's a sense of being "marked off the list" due to H status that is f-ing with my head. Dakota and Daisy, I believe we will get our mojo back...sex is too much fun not to want it anymore. Regarding the dryness, I've gone off the meds now so we'll see. I read in some other post about HSV changing the "vaginal flora" or something like that so maybe it's not all meds. I am delighted that I had my first post-H O (ok self love but still) and was basking in the glow of my sexuality, yay. So while it's not as good as it was, i have to believe it's also not as good as it will be. Hah.

buttercup3721

Well…

For the most part I have no problems with wanting to have sex. Until I have an outbreak. Even if it isn’t bad and is gone fast I don’t feel like myself and am freaked out for a while after. I have sex anyway, but I can’t say that I really enjoy it. Its just that my boyfriend seems to be so supportive and reminds me that this doesn’t change me as a person and he still loves me and blah blah blah, and doesn’t seem to understand that it did change the way I look at me…even if it didn’t change the way he looked at me. So for like a month after an outbreak I don’t feel sexy. I have dreams about little bugs eating him alive because he choose to sleep with me…I know its not real, but I can’t seem to make them go away and it makes me not want to sleep with him.

I often wonder if I shouldn’t just find someone that already has it so I don’t have to worry about passing it on to someone…but I hate that idea too…

But don’t listen to me. I feel lost almost 95% of the time now…:?

Ann

I Like Cake

I delt with no sex drive for approximatly 1 and a half years. This was prior to me finding out I had H (I only found out about three days ago). I went from wanting sex 100% of the time to 0% of the time. I was really difficult for me to deal with in a relationship because I felt like I was being selfish for not wanting to ever have sex with my bf... even though he was very understanding and supportive.

I belive that my loss of sex drive was due to my Birth Control. I tried three different kinds before I just gave up. I think it messed up my hormones. It took along time for me to get my sex drive back. I got it back over thanksgiving and it was wonderful...I felt normal again. Then about two weeks later I felt an itching/tingling/painful sensation in my nether regions which I was to later find out was H.

I'm in the middle of my first outbreak so of course I am not having sex. I hope that I can want to have sex again. Luckily, my bf has H too, as he is the only possible person who could have gave to me (he is my one and only).

Ultra Violet

I belive that my loss of sex drive was due to my Birth Control. I tried three different kinds before I just gave up. I think it messed up my hormones.

Ditto. Pre HSV I didn't have a high sex drive for many years. Then I stopped taking the pill and whammo my (now ex) husband didn't know what had gotten into me! However post HSV I did lose my sex drive for a month or so. It's slowly returning but not quite to the same extent.

tRuleybLessed

no drought here

I've never had problems with dryness. All I take is Lysine.

It's gettin me horny is the problem. My bf and I constantly have to think of different things to give our sex variety because nothing really turns me on (except that spot on the back of my neck hee hee).

He is very patient, thank God, and gets me. dam horndog needs to give me some of his horniness!!!!

ThisSucks

Haven't had sex in 3.5 years. I don't miss it. I have been so disgusted by the opposite sex I don't even want to date. Maybe one day but it has definitely done something to me psychologically. Even when I don't have OBs.

Lookonthesunnyside

Wow...many people go through this eh?

I'm dealing with the same thing, I dont even like being naked around myself. I think its the shameful feelings that does it. I just feel gross.

Also the thought of even kissing someone grosses me out and I start to imagine all the germs floating around there that will be getting in me :???:

Uhh its no fun to be so turned off from EVERYTHING.

But oh well..I'm hoping one day I'll get it back. I just kinda feel like it'll never be as fun for me...not if I have a partner I'm worried about infecting. I just dont see how it could ever be the same. :confused: Yeah, no. I'm fairly confident that this will greatly affect any sex I have with a negative partner.

SO ANNOYING.

Cameron
Well…

For the most part I have no problems with wanting to have sex. Until I have an outbreak. Even if it isn’t bad and is gone fast I don’t feel like myself and am freaked out for a while after. I have sex anyway, but I can’t say that I really enjoy it. Its just that my boyfriend seems to be so supportive and reminds me that this doesn’t change me as a person and he still loves me and blah blah blah, and doesn’t seem to understand that it did change the way I look at me…even if it didn’t change the way he looked at me. So for like a month after an outbreak I don’t feel sexy. I have dreams about little bugs eating him alive because he choose to sleep with me…I know its not real, but I can’t seem to make them go away and it makes me not want to sleep with him.

I often wonder if I shouldn’t just find someone that already has it so I don’t have to worry about passing it on to someone…but I hate that idea too…

But don’t listen to me. I feel lost almost 95% of the time now…:?

Ann

I understand your concerns but hey the man is with you and he does not care so it's time to get your sexy back.

When I first found out I got rid of all my sexy lingerie, I packed all my toys far away. Heck I was even afraid to touch myself...I treated myself like an outcast...

But you just need to get over it....you have someone that obviously cares about u a lot even with herpes....make a romantic date and buy some super sexy lingerie and get your grove back